Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

......And what makes Jomtien Complex so special that it is actually attracting customers?
    Huh?,,,I can't believe you just asked that.

Answer: Because Jomtien Complex is the only place in Pattaya that has gay bars that are open right now.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Huh?,,,I can't believe you just asked that.
    705F74D7-994A-4F75-B72D-8B7A56D2FA75.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    That's precisely why an advertising blitz in China as suggested by one poster to attract them to Sunee can never work in my view. The solo/small Chinese gay groups will always gravitate to Bangkok.
    I made that suggestion as I think there are plenty of Chinese guys who would love some hands-on action à la Nice Boys. I understand it may not appeal to all, just as lots of farang are not particularly interested in getting down and dirty.

But they should at least know such a place exists. Given the sheer number of Chinese, a very small percentage who wished for a bit of sleaze would still constitute a large number of individuals. And it's individuals I'm talking about herr, not tour groups.

A few years ago a ran into 2 Japanese guys who had stumbled into Sunee, although not quite by accident. Someone over in Boyztown had sent them off in the general direction. They were speechless at what was available. I sent them off to Goodboys. I can just imagine their reaction as the guys pulled out their huge Isaan cocks and lined up for a chuck-wow.

There is definitely a market for the sleazy Asian tourist in Pattaya. And those who love Louis Vuitton can do their shopping before they fly out of Bangkok.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (December 9th, 2021), francois (December 8th, 2021)

Liked

I know one gay Chinese guy, a former student in the UK. Anyhow, we met up again in SE Asia and he just assumed there would be full on nudity in the bars. I had to reign in his expectations.
    Anyhow, for now, the great dictator in Beijing is discouraging his citizens from travelling, with heavy restrictions. Therefore, their preferences have very little immediate impact in Thailand.

As I sat consuming my booze in Sunee, at one of the not open bars, I was just remembering the good old days. For instance, walking into Eros and having a naked lad bouncing up and down on my lap within about a minute. It's boys and bars that would bring back Sunnee, specifically more risque gogo bars. Booze is less of a factor, as that can be had anywhere, in normal times.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 8th, 2021), catawampuscat (December 9th, 2021), Dodger (December 8th, 2021), Kenny (December 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    All this chat about Sunee reminds me of the good old days!
    Some of my old pics from 2013
    It is funny that you think that 2013 were the "good old days." For me, it would be 2004/5 but I am sure that for many others Sunee was already in decline back then.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 9th, 2021), mr giggles (December 9th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 8th, 2021)

Liked

I wonder how many times this conversation has been played out throughout history.

The Colosseum as a couple of gladiators do combat with a toothless old lion.
    'Of course in the past there were a hundred gladiators and a hundred lions. That's Why I moved here.'

Machu Picchu as a geriatric granny us offered up for sacrifice.
    'Back in the day they'd sacrifice whole villages to the gods. Now look, a shadow of its former self.'

Nantucket as a whaling ship comes in with a couple of belugas and a baby wright.
    'When I started the ship's had to queue up for days to land. Now it's all done.'

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I wonder how many times this conversation has been played out throughout history.
    I suspect the decline of Sunee was due to a number of factors:

1 Firstly, exchange rate movements eliminated some of the customers.

2 Laws and continual police raids seem to have removed some of the more raunchy bars. (I support any action enforcing age limits, but not restrictions on what consenting adults get up to in the bars).

3 Phones emerged as an alternative hook up mechanism. Phones are more efficient and I"m quite pleased with the results from the apps. However, the process of finding a boy is less fun.
    I suspect the boys prefer the apps too. Instead of spending hours on stage in underwear, they just fix up a Grindr profile and then wait for customers. When they get an approach, they can decide whether or not to accept and don't need to argue over the matter with a mamasan.

4 Then along came COVID and more critically, government restrictions.

Currently none of these reasons for decline are reversed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

The Colosseum as a couple of gladiators do combat with a toothless old lion.
    'Of course in the past there were a hundred gladiators and a hundred lions. That's Why I moved here.'

Machu Picchu as a geriatric granny us offered up for sacrifice.
    'Back in the day they'd sacrifice whole villages to the gods. Now look, a shadow of its former self.'

Nantucket as a whaling ship comes in with a couple of belugas and a baby wright.
    'When I started the ship's had to queue up for days to land. Now it's all done.'
    ASA - are you drunk?

12. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Vnman writes; "It is funny that you think that 2013 were the "good old days." For me, it would be 2004/5 but I am sure that for many others Sunee was already in decline back then."

Older hands will recall that Sunee barely existed as a gay area before 1997....my first knowledge of it was from a flier delivered that year to the beached whales on Jomtien Beach which described it as "the new Boyztown.". And its decline after 2005, the reasons for which have already been mentioned, shows that it had a very short shelf-life.

Which is not to say that it is a loss; it offered something different not only to Pattaya but to Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    It is funny that you think that 2013 were the "good old days." For me, it would be 2004/5 but I am sure that for many others Sunee was already in decline back then.
    Because I don’t have any pics going back that far!