Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

I wonder how many times this conversation has been played out throughout history.

The Colosseum as a couple of gladiators do combat with a toothless old lion.
    'Of course in the past there were a hundred gladiators and a hundred lions. That's Why I moved here.'

Machu Picchu as a geriatric granny us offered up for sacrifice.
    'Back in the day they'd sacrifice whole villages to the gods. Now look, a shadow of its former self.'

Nantucket as a whaling ship comes in with a couple of belugas and a baby wright.
    'When I started the ship's had to queue up for days to land. Now it's all done.'

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I wonder how many times this conversation has been played out throughout history.
    I suspect the decline of Sunee was due to a number of factors:

1 Firstly, exchange rate movements eliminated some of the customers.

2 Laws and continual police raids seem to have removed some of the more raunchy bars. (I support any action enforcing age limits, but not restrictions on what consenting adults get up to in the bars).

3 Phones emerged as an alternative hook up mechanism. Phones are more efficient and I"m quite pleased with the results from the apps. However, the process of finding a boy is less fun.
    I suspect the boys prefer the apps too. Instead of spending hours on stage in underwear, they just fix up a Grindr profile and then wait for customers. When they get an approach, they can decide whether or not to accept and don't need to argue over the matter with a mamasan.

4 Then along came COVID and more critically, government restrictions.

Currently none of these reasons for decline are reversed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I suspect the decline of Sunee was due to a number of factors:

1 Firstly, exchange rate movements eliminated some of the customers.

2 Laws and continual police raids seem to have removed some of the more raunchy bars. (I support any action enforcing age limits, but not restrictions on what consenting adults get up to in the bars).

3 Phones emerged as an alternative hook up mechanism. Phones are more efficient and I"m quite pleased with the results from the apps. However, the process of finding a boy is less fun.
    I suspect the boys prefer the apps too. Instead of spending hours on stage in underwear, they just fix up a Grindr profile and then wait for customers. When they get an approach, they can decide whether or not to accept and don't need to argue over the matter with a mamasan.

4 Then along came COVID and more critically, government restrictions.

Currently none of these reasons for decline are reversed.
    Surely the ageing of the clientele is another key reason. Were younger guys being attracted to Sunee before covid?

4. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Surely the ageing of the clientele is another key reason. Were younger guys being attracted to Sunee before covid?
    Surely everyone ages one year at a time, so as past clients age, others move into the age bracket who would typically be attracted to Sunee ? So this alone cannot be a factor.

Of course people who have aged into the target market for Sunee all have their phones. If the bar offering is weak, the bars don't stand a chance against phone apps.

6. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (December 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

The Colosseum as a couple of gladiators do combat with a toothless old lion.
    'Of course in the past there were a hundred gladiators and a hundred lions. That's Why I moved here.'

Machu Picchu as a geriatric granny us offered up for sacrifice.
    'Back in the day they'd sacrifice whole villages to the gods. Now look, a shadow of its former self.'

Nantucket as a whaling ship comes in with a couple of belugas and a baby wright.
    'When I started the ship's had to queue up for days to land. Now it's all done.'
    ASA - are you drunk?

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 8th, 2021)