List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Liked

Re: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    From what I understand, SHA = 70% of staff fully vaccinated. SHA+ = 100% of staff fully vaccinated.
    Well that's easy enough. If they can't do it in Pattaya, hire a minibus to drive them to Bangkok for walk in appointments. They seem to do anymore who shows up, including farang.
    Then fire the ones who refuse vaccines.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Well that's easy enough. If they can't do it in Pattaya, hire a minibus to drive them to Bangkok for walk in appointments. They seem to do anymore who shows up, including farang.
    Then fire the ones who refuse vaccines.
    They do it right here in Pattaya on the east side at the sports stadium every day….Moderna/Pfizer
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 15th, 2021), Dodger (December 11th, 2021), goji (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

I'm not surprised by any of these tight controls we're witnessing at all, considering the level of fear and apprehension the government's faced with right now regarding the "Reopening"'.

They're facing huge risk and they known it, the same as all other countries who are trying to jump-start their economies and make people happy again.

So far I don't disagree with any of the actions we're seeing. The onus is on the bars and restaurants to make sure they are SHA Certified, have the appropriate license(s), and are following covid-safe protocol. So far I haven't heard of anyone getting hassled or busted who was following these requirements.
    while not meaning to pick you out specifically Dodger, this response and others on this thread confuse me having just come from reading threads like "What a difference a week makes" where everyone was liking posts and encouraging visitors breaking SHA+ Test & Go requirements and visiting venues obviously operating beyond current license, SHA/SHA+ and Covid restrictions

the SHA and SHA+ requirements go far beyond just vaccination of staff, but the feeling here is obviously that circumventing this is all just part of the game of getting back to the fun we want to have

the operation of gay venues in Thailand has always only existed because of creative enforcement of the licensing and other laws, but with Covid how far do we need to draw back from our gay abandon of compliance with government restrictions? your first few paragraphs seem to be significantly at variance with many of the posts on this and other threads here - as residents and tourists here how Covid safe do we really want to be?

oh god, I feel like I am channeling Gaybutton on the Silom Soi 2 thread - I will just shut up and go away!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    as residents and tourists here how Covid safe do we really want to be?
    As I see it we are all vaccinated.
    The Thais also have had the opportunity of vaccines, including, it seems, mRNA boosters.

So that's as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future and they should remove all restrictions and get on with it.

Of course, this should be a matter for the Thai people to decide, ideally via a democratically elected government. In practice, they have an imposed government and there is no logic to some of their repressive decisions. Chonburi has harsher restrictions than Bangkok, yet last time I saw data, Chonburi had the lower infection rate

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    As I see it we are all vaccinated.
    The Thais also have had the opportunity of vaccines, including, it seems, mRNA boosters.

So that's as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future and they should remove all restrictions and get on with it.
    Exactly, we are vaccinated! Life will likely not get better than now, and we have simple choice; to live or not live, there is no point in waiting, Most people here don't have luxury of time, we lost close to 2 years.

I got to Thailand Saturday morning, test in hotel came in negative; I'm staying for winter as always, and I intend to live.

Sad about Jomtien Complex news. Current Junta is very much like Taliban, nothing we can do about that, but there are always places in Pattaya and Bangkok to party.

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 15th, 2021), Dodger (December 12th, 2021), francois (December 12th, 2021), goji (December 12th, 2021), vnman (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Exactly, we are vaccinated! Life will likely not get better than now, and we have simple choice; to live or not live, there is no point in waiting, Most people here don't have luxury of time, we lost close to 2 years.

I got to Thailand Saturday morning, test in hotel came in negative; I'm staying for winter as always, and I intend to live.

Sad about Jomtien Complex news. Current Junta is very much like Taliban, nothing we can do about that, but there are always places in Pattaya and Bangkok to party.
    I agree with you that we have to choose to live. However, it is up to us to find a place where this is possible. That comparison with the Taliban might be in poor taste for those who have really suffered their regime. But I do agree with you, time is ticking for all of us and I am not willing to sit at home either.

Enjoy your winter!

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 12th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    That comparison with the Taliban might be in poor taste for those who have really suffered their regime.

Enjoy your winter!
    Current regime's disliking of foreigners is readily apparent, they don't even bother to hide it any more, we all remember Minister of Health's putting saying it out loud. I get that they don't like us, they tolerate us, but regime's attitude towards alcohol is truly bizarre, can't think of any country that relies on tourism income so heavily, yet works actively against tourism. Generals may not like happy foreigners, but their restrictive, puritan laws are doing most damage to locals, their own people, for us it is just mild inconvenience.

You say comparing them to Taliban is out of line, but what other regime in the world is so much against alcohol, bars and nightclubs? There are really only handful of such restrictive places, and they are all Islamist regimes.
    I don't drink, unfortunately these laws affect everyone here, buzz and typical Thai liveliness is missing now.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (December 12th, 2021), llz (December 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Current regime's disliking of foreigners is readily apparent, they don't even bother to hide it any more, we all remember Minister of Health's putting saying it out loud. I get that they don't like us, they tolerate us, but regime's attitude towards alcohol is truly bizarre, can't think of any country that relies on tourism income so heavily, yet works actively against tourism. Generals may not like happy foreigners, but their restrictive, puritan laws are doing most damage to locals, their own people, for us it is just mild inconvenience.

You say comparing them to Taliban is out of line, but what other regime in the world is so much against alcohol, bars and nightclubs? There are really only handful of such restrictive places, and they are all Islamist regimes.
    I don't drink, unfortunately these laws affect everyone here, buzz and typical Thai liveliness is missing now.
    Yes, I hear what you are saying. Sadly the Taliban are a whole lot more than party-poopers when it comes to nightlife :-)

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 12th, 2021), dab69 (December 15th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

FINALLY!

The news that open-air bars in Pattaya will be allowed to reopen tomorrow (Dec 16) is flooding the streets.

It would have been nice to see this covered in the news - but who's complaining.

Now the drum roll for Jomtien Complex bars begins. We should know the outcome 24 hours from now.

Fingers crossed!

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (December 15th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

FINALLY!

The news that open-air bars in Pattaya will be allowed to reopen tomorrow (Dec 16) is flooding the streets.

It would have been nice to see this covered in the news - but who's complaining.

Now the drum roll for Jomtien Complex bars begins. We should know the outcome 24 hours from now.

Fingers crossed!
    I suspect there is a reason there is no news story about this!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"