List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

No Booze/No Bars = No Tourists.
    No booze/ No bars = No Tourists = NO PATTAYA

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 7th, 2021), Patanawet (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Some never left and were messaging me on Grindr before I got to the hotel room !

However, of course many have left. To return, I guess they have the options of arriving like I did, with the cost of an ASQ hotel and insurance added. So several clients are needed just to pay for that. Or arriving illegally, as at least one is known to have done.
    Ohh, you are already in Thailand?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Ohh, you are already in Thailand?
    I also noticed fewer boys than expected in Jomtien on Sunday. That's not something I complain about, since there were enough boys to brighten up the experience.

Amongst many posts...!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Amongst many posts...!
    I had not noticed and realized with that post. My question was more rhetorical of nature but I could have probably made that clearer.

Liked

The police appeared at one of the bars at the top end of the complex early on Friday evening, around 7:30, or for all I know, beforehand. All the bars closed, although I got the impression there was at least one upstairs "private party".

7. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (December 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

The police appeared at one of the bars at the top end of the complex early on Friday evening, around 7:30, or for all I know, beforehand. All the bars closed, although I got the impression there was at least one upstairs "private party".
    This is surprising, though I avoid the Complex friends told me many bars were openly selling alcohol.

Obviously the police are being somewhat selective as this video shows people drinking openly enjoying the Music Festival. https://youtu.be/5WavdGrJYmc
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    This is surprising, though I avoid the Complex friends told me many bars were openly selling alcohol.

Obviously the police are being somewhat selective as this video shows people drinking openly enjoying the Music Festival. https://youtu.be/5WavdGrJYmc
    They were openly selling alcohol in the complex on Thursday. On Friday the police changed that.

I was surprised by the size of the police presence at the music festival in the afternoon, long before it opened up. Also the army were present.
    Perhaps they have their fingers in that pie.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm not surprised by any of these tight controls we're witnessing at all, considering the level of fear and apprehension the government's faced with right now regarding the "Reopening"'.

They're facing huge risk and they known it, the same as all other countries who are trying to jump-start their economies and make people happy again.

So far I don't disagree with any of the actions we're seeing. The onus is on the bars and restaurants to make sure they are SHA Certified, have the appropriate license(s), and are following covid-safe protocol. So far I haven't heard of anyone getting hassled or busted who was following these requirements.

Liked

This morning I was walking up Soi Bukhao and noticed a number of bars and restaurants with prominently displayed SHA+ certification.
    I guess some of the Jomtien businesses might need to chase after this. I don't know what the cost is, but it would be very unfair to burden small businesses with fees at a time when they are already struggling. Also, it wasn't immediately obvious what a SHA+ business has to do differently. The table spacing seemed normal.
    I later wandered into the food court at Terminal 21. This had none of the daft social distancing measures that were in place early in the year. I guess big businesses, with the right connections can do what they like

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Also, it wasn't immediately obvious what a SHA+ business has to do differently.
    From what I understand, SHA = 70% of staff fully vaccinated. SHA+ = 100% of staff fully vaccinated.