Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Pattaya is flooded with tourists right now which is a sight for poor eyes to put it mildly. It appears as if the vast majority of visitors are Thai nationals, with a small percentage being foreigners.

After spending 5 hours cruising the coastline (from Hat Nong Ram in the South - to Wong Amat in the North) I'm dam glad to be home - because the traffic is heavier than it's been in the past 18 months.

This being a holiday weekend surely contributes to this - but I have a strange feeling that the alcohol bans being lifted in restaurants and many bars also has something to do with this phenomenon.

Traffic along the beach fronts in Pattaya and Jomtien is moving at a snails pace with not an empty parking space in sight. Throngs of people can be seen visiting the small shops and restaurants...the beach concessions are filled to the max...and all you see is people smiling from ear-to-ear - adding to the jubilant atmosphere.

It was still early (1:00 PM) but there was a lot of activity in Jomtien Complex with boys setting up chairs...cleaning table tops...and unloading what seemed to be supplies at several of the bar locations (opps, sorry...I meant Cafe's)

I just returned home...tired of combating all the traffic...but glad I made the journey. In my diary, this will go down as the Day the Rainbow Returned.

A special thanks should go out to each and every bar owner who struggled to survive this past 18 months of Hell. And that includes our brothers in Bangkok like Pride, Balcony, Circus, Connections, and all the others who hung in there and weathered the storm.

Hopefully this will mark the new beginning and we don't have to suffer another round of setbacks, but at least there's a glimmer of hope shining brightly from the Gay Venues letting everyone know that the Rainbow in Thailand still stands.

I haven't ventured over to The Complex during the evenings for a while, but from what I've heard from several locals, the scene has been busy just like the old days for the past 2 evenings...the chairs are loaded...smiling boys...alcohol flowing...and plenty of SMILES to go around.

I plan a night out in The Complex after this holiday weekend and will look forward to thanking and congratulating each and every bar owner, followed by a round of drinks for his/hers staff and any customers who are in the bar at the time. I look forward to repeating this at every gay bar (cafe) in Pattaya that I visit. This will be my way of showing my gratitude - as well as a good excuse to party my ass off and get smashed.

Hope to see you there.

2. 18 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 5th, 2021), arsenal (December 5th, 2021), christianpfc (December 6th, 2021), daydreamer (December 6th, 2021), dinagam (December 5th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 6th, 2021), gerefan2 (December 5th, 2021), Josan (December 5th, 2021), jvt22222 (December 6th, 2021), Keith (December 7th, 2021), Kenny (December 6th, 2021), llz (December 6th, 2021), Moses (December 5th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 5th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 6th, 2021), siscu58 (December 7th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 6th, 2021), vnman (December 5th, 2021)