List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Pattaya is flooded with tourists right now which is a sight for poor eyes to put it mildly. It appears as if the vast majority of visitors are Thai nationals, with a small percentage being foreigners.

After spending 5 hours cruising the coastline (from Hat Nong Ram in the South - to Wong Amat in the North) I'm dam glad to be home - because the traffic is heavier than it's been in the past 18 months.

This being a holiday weekend surely contributes to this - but I have a strange feeling that the alcohol bans being lifted in restaurants and many bars also has something to do with this phenomenon.

Traffic along the beach fronts in Pattaya and Jomtien is moving at a snails pace with not an empty parking space in sight. Throngs of people can be seen visiting the small shops and restaurants...the beach concessions are filled to the max...and all you see is people smiling from ear-to-ear - adding to the jubilant atmosphere.

It was still early (1:00 PM) but there was a lot of activity in Jomtien Complex with boys setting up chairs...cleaning table tops...and unloading what seemed to be supplies at several of the bar locations (opps, sorry...I meant Cafe's)

I just returned home...tired of combating all the traffic...but glad I made the journey. In my diary, this will go down as the Day the Rainbow Returned.

A special thanks should go out to each and every bar owner who struggled to survive this past 18 months of Hell. And that includes our brothers in Bangkok like Pride, Balcony, Circus, Connections, and all the others who hung in there and weathered the storm.

Hopefully this will mark the new beginning and we don't have to suffer another round of setbacks, but at least there's a glimmer of hope shining brightly from the Gay Venues letting everyone know that the Rainbow in Thailand still stands.

I haven't ventured over to The Complex during the evenings for a while, but from what I've heard from several locals, the scene has been busy just like the old days for the past 2 evenings...the chairs are loaded...smiling boys...alcohol flowing...and plenty of SMILES to go around.

I plan a night out in The Complex after this holiday weekend and will look forward to thanking and congratulating each and every bar owner, followed by a round of drinks for his/hers staff and any customers who are in the bar at the time. I look forward to repeating this at every gay bar (cafe) in Pattaya that I visit. This will be my way of showing my gratitude - as well as a good excuse to party my ass off and get smashed.

Hope to see you there.

2. 18 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 5th, 2021), arsenal (December 5th, 2021), christianpfc (December 6th, 2021), daydreamer (December 6th, 2021), dinagam (December 5th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 6th, 2021), gerefan2 (December 5th, 2021), Josan (December 5th, 2021), jvt22222 (December 6th, 2021), Keith (December 7th, 2021), Kenny (December 6th, 2021), llz (December 6th, 2021), Moses (December 5th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 5th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 6th, 2021), siscu58 (December 7th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 6th, 2021), vnman (December 5th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Pattaya is Back - and Ready to Rock!

Don't take off the mask even if you have the strong urge to sniff someone.

Liked

Yes, friends who visited Jomtien Complex last night reported it was quite busy. Many of the bars reopened, serving food and drink and were packed with older gentlemen enjoying the revitalized scene.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (December 6th, 2021), Dodger (December 6th, 2021), gerefan2 (December 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Yes, friends who visited Jomtien Complex last night reported it was quite busy.
    Dont be telling GB - he'll be having a fit as according to him all the bars are closed and it's definitely not worth anyone's time even considering travelling to Thailand just now !

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Jomtien was not the only place with gay bars open last night.
    I'd better not name the bar, since I doubt they have a restaurant license. However, apply some Winning logic to figure it out.

As for visiting Pattaya, it's warm and sunny. The phone apps are busy and the bars are open. Lots of businesses have closed, but my favourites seem to survive.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jomtien complex felt like old times last night. Many boy beer bars reopened, serving alcohol. Many many elderly expats and relatively
    few lads in proportion to number of expats.
    Sun bar open and few seats available. Reportedly, they can get away being a restaurant and you can order food
    from restaurants there. Cockatoo also open but less blatantly as well as several other that have been shuttered for a long time.
    More boys clustered around the boy massage parlors, which have open for a while already.
    No idea about Boyztown area bars Or Sunee Plaza boy bars..I’ve heard Winner boys partially open with 2 or 3 lads. No Gogo though.
    Saturday night was also busy in Jomtien complex.
    One issue, if the bars stay open are the boys. Many came from Cambodia .Doubtful they can easily return.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 6th, 2021), Smiles (December 7th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Jomtien was not the only place with gay bars open last night.
    I'd better not name the bar, since I doubt they have a restaurant license. However, apply some Winning logic to figure it out.
    That is correct. And by applying the same logic, there are others around the same circle.

The Boys are serving Hot Dogs...but you have to bring your own buns.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 11th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Removing the ban on Booze has had an immediate impact on business and tourism in Pattaya.

Just further proof that this is a Party Town, regardless of how they want to dress it (or, re-dress it).

No Booze/No Bars = No Tourists.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...aurants-381787

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    One issue, if the bars stay open are the boys. Many came from Cambodia .Doubtful they can easily return.
    Some never left and were messaging me on Grindr before I got to the hotel room !

However, of course many have left. To return, I guess they have the options of arriving like I did, with the cost of an ASQ hotel and insurance added. So several clients are needed just to pay for that. Or arriving illegally, as at least one is known to have done.