List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which apps are the most effective for the boys at this time?

Liked

Which apps are the most effective for the boys at this time?

I generally use Grindr everywhere, and Romeo used to be good in Thailand, but I'm not sure if that's true now. Is it?
    Blued has been good...is it still?
    Are there some good ones I'm missing?

Liked

Re: Which apps are the most effective for the boys at this time?

Hornet

Liked

If I had to choose one app out of Blued, Grindr, Hornet, Romeo for SEAsia, it would be Blued.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    If I had to choose one app out of Blued, Grindr, Hornet, Romeo for SEAsia, it would be Blued.
    For SE Asia, I agree, since Blued seems popular in Northern Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia. However, I don't need Blued in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I use Grindr a lot in Bangkok and Pattaya. Firstly, a little cleaning up is required by blocking all the lady boys and anyone else defacing the screen. This app has unlimited numbers of blocks. Then sort through who remains. I like this. Grindr does have a problem with spammers, but it's only a problem when I am in England not Thailand. I e-mailed the Grindr directors about the spam and they are full of excuses, which explains why they have a problem. Companies that don't make excuses manage to fix such problems. However, it's still a good app for use in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Amazingly, Hornet is still popular in Thailand. Where I live in England, this app used to be popular, but now has fewer than 5% of the people compared with Grindr. This decline is almost certainly due to the intrusive adverts that hang around for 30 seconds or more and insist on opening a browser window, followed by the Google play store. Why people still use it in Thailand, I have no idea. Hornet deserve to fail.

Planet Romeo. Still popular in Bangkok and Pattaya, but less than Grindr or Hornet. Good free functions, but only 50 blocks allowed. Ideally, everyone would desert Hornet and move here.

General: Search with and without age limits, as some boys forget to show their age.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 8th, 2021)

Liked

Hornet + Blued.

Grindr looks useless for me.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The two Apps on my phone which continually get me best success with the boys I find are .....Monzo and Santander ! lol

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (December 7th, 2021), poshglasgow (December 9th, 2021), vnman (December 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Amazingly, Hornet is still popular in Thailand. Where I live in England, this app used to be popular, but now has fewer than 5% of the people compared with Grindr. This decline is almost certainly due to the intrusive adverts that hang around for 30 seconds or more and insist on opening a browser window, followed by the Google play store. Why people still use it in Thailand, I have no idea. Hornet deserve to fail.
    Indeed!

I was asking myself the same thing. Making your app better by offering incentives for paying customers is a far better idea than annoying those who are not.

10. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 8th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

One problem that's not readily obvious is that Grindr has an American Puritan approach to profiles although there's some "realism" exercised in Thailand. In 1st World countries Grindr will remove any obvious reference to commercial sex in a profile especially if another member complains about it

Liked

Read the warnings, but the numbers under 27, showing online at 2km or less in Pattaya were:
    Hornet 75
    Grindr 49
    Romeo 3
    Blued 10

However, I have blocked a lot of profiles on Grindr. Mostly Ladyboys, plus a few no hopers. I'd imagine true numbers might be close to Hornet.
    The interpretation of 2 km varies. A lad showing at 2km on Grindr is 2.5km on Romeo.
    I imagine the definition of "online now" varies, but cannot confirm that. On Grindr, people seem to quickly switch from online to offline and back again. Nothing stops an app having a more flexible interpretation of "online now".

13. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (December 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    One problem that's not readily obvious is that Grindr has an American Puritan approach to profiles although there's some "realism" exercised in Thailand. In 1st World countries Grindr will remove any obvious reference to commercial sex in a profile especially if another member complains about it
    I never noticed this, to be honest. I'll pay attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Read the warnings, but the numbers under 27, showing online at 2km or less in Pattaya were:
    Hornet 75
    Grindr 49
    Romeo 3
    Blued 10

However, I have blocked a lot of profiles on Grindr. Mostly Ladyboys, plus a few no hopers. I'd imagine true numbers might be close to Hornet.
    The interpretation of 2 km varies. A lad showing at 2km on Grindr is 2.5km on Romeo.
    I imagine the definition of "online now" varies, but cannot confirm that. On Grindr, people seem to quickly switch from online to offline and back again. Nothing stops an app having a more flexible interpretation of "online now".
    Good idea!

I'm very surprised about Romeo. They seem to have the app that is least restrictive when it comes to the free version. Does anyone have a theory about that?