List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

Liked

Re: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

Considering the old saying that "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush", I'm not sure if the looks of Vietnamese matter.

As far as I can remember, the last time I had a Vietnamese lad in bed was about 12 years ago. With a population of ten times that of Laos, the shags per capita score is several orders of magnitude lower.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Just to be sure, are you comparing Vietnamese with Filipinos?...I just love how white some of them are without being "white," a big contrast with Filipinos.
    Yes, by performance/activity in bed, based on small sample, they are comparable and at the end of my list. I like brown skin, and white skin is one thing again Vietnamese in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    It has been a few years but I remember how excited you were about Taiwanese boys. I seriously thought you would never come back to Thailand. I think that you were most excited about the fact that the boys actually wanted you and not your money. Did that change?
    When I went to Taiwan for short trips (1 week), the sauna was (and still is, as of last visit 2019) awesome with success rates 5 times higher than in Thailand. But that did not translate to success in online dating (in 3 months in Taiwan in 2018 I got 3 boys to my room, vs. 7 days in Yangon 7 boys). It must have been a cultural difference (group activity in sauna in Taiwan, whereas in Thailand coupled would retreat to rooms) and not interest in me/my body. I will still go to Taiwan for general holiday once that is possible, but don't expect much gay activity. At the moment I have one boy waiting for my return to Taiwan (based on a 3 months stay in 2018) vs. 3 boys in Myanmar (based on 3 x 1 week in 2018 and 2019).

Back to OP. A gay paradise for who?

Tourists. Largest choice of gay venues of all kind (beer bars, gogo bars, saunas, massage) of the world? For free or for pay, something for everyone.

Locals. Out of the hundreds of gays I have met, two are not out to their family for fear of lack of acceptance. But in general, everyone can do with everyone (straight, gay, ladyboy, lifestock) without fear of social stigma.

Gay marriage is a Western concept? For dating purposes, I would rather be in Thailand without gay marriage than in Germany with gay marriage.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (December 13th, 2021), vnman (December 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Why would they get married at all?
    So the poorer spouse can divorce the rich one and become financially well off, of course.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There are however quite a few M-M couples living as steady married couple in most places in TH. Its just they cannot get all the legal rights as M-W may get.
    As such this is not really that much different from most other neighbour Buddist countries in South-East Asia.