List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

In comparing Thailand with other countries, there are some questions that need answering.

Can I walk with my boyfriend safely in cities and towns without being stared at, either in surprise or hostility?
    Will hotels accept us and restaurants serve us with pleasure?
    Have gay people anything to fear regarding their sexuality from policemen?
    Are there sections of cities- even a few roads- which can be described as gay?

There are certainly places to which I have been attracted as a gay visitor, but some of them (specifically the non-Asian ones) seem unlikely to answer these questions positively.

And if I may throw in a more controversial observation, are the guys on the scene predominantly "gay for pay"? If so, I wouldn't be interested.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    And if I may throw in a more controversial observation, are the guys on the scene predominantly "gay for pay"? If so, I wouldn't be interested.
    “Gay for pay” you honestly believe a boy 30+ your junior is anxious to do to bed with you? Stop fooling yourself, regardless of what you want to believe you are simply a friend with benefits.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OMG! surely all those cute twinks who entertained me, a balding middle-aged guy, twenty years ago were doing it out of lust, not for the money? Say it ain't so, Joe!

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 6th, 2021), Manforallseasons (December 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Love is like hemorrhoids it comes and goes.
    What is the difference between true love and Herpes?
    Only one lasts for ever

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    “Gay for pay” you honestly believe a boy 30+ your junior is anxious to do to bed with you? Stop fooling yourself, regardless of what you want to believe you are simply a friend with benefits.
    In general, you might be right, but I'm guessing you've been looking in gogo bars and apps around Thailand. There is a whole wide world out there with boys interested in a wide range of men. You not experiencing this doesn't mean it does not exist. It just means that you didn't get any.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 5th, 2021), francois (December 6th, 2021), Manforallseasons (December 5th, 2021), Uranus (December 5th, 2021)

Liked

In free verses paid, free is rarely as good. Not just in sex but in everything.

9. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (December 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I asked if anyone knows of a place better than Thailand to go.

If there is such a place, I'd like to know where and what about it makes it better than Thailand.
    better means many different things to different people so anyone else's answer may not seem better to you

a lot of the discussion here seems to include the availability of cheap commercial sex as a requisite for a "gay paradise" but is that really still the primary selection criteria for gay tourists these days?

I am not that much of a beach person but I find it hard to believe that among all of the visitors to this forum none have found a better gay beach community than Jomtien anywhere else in the world

while there are a selection of restaurants in Pattaya or Bangkok that I like, even I have found a wider selection of restaurants in many European and other Asian cities that are better, still reasonably priced and either gay operated or comfortable for a gay couple or single tourist to enjoy in citiesI have visited like London, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Taipei, Singapore, etc

Can I walk with my boyfriend safely in cities and towns without being stared at, either in surprise or hostility?
    in Thailand this is because of tolerance or fake Thai smiles at best, certainly not acceptance, and yes it is better than being poofter bashed but in many areas in many European and Asian cities this is just not an issue

Are there sections of cities- even a few roads- which can be described as gay?
    having a few gay venues in easy walking distance may be a convenience, but with decent transport options do we really need gay ghettos any more?

so you would not recommend Thailand to first time visitors now?

I have lived in Bangkok, and visited Pattaya regularly, for the past 25 years, and in that time have visited, once or a few times, many European and Asian cities, and while I still think Bangkok is a great city to live in - still relatively cheap, lots of entertainment and restaurant choices, easy to travel from, easy to get a long term stay (despite Immigration's best efforts), I have never considered it a "gay paradise" just because of the (no longer that cheap) commercial sex!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    anyone else's answer may not seem better to you
    Especially yours. Now, if you're through with your long-winded lecture, are you going to answer my question and tell me of a place better than Thailand for gays to go - no matter whose idea of 'better' might be?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Especially yours. Now, if you're through with your long-winded lecture, are you going to answer my question and tell me of a place better than Thailand for gays to go - no matter whose idea of 'better' might be?
    He DID answer you question - i.e to answer is successfully it would be important (for you) to define what "better than for gays ACTUALLY meant" as as he said for one person that could mean great beaches whereas for others great city bars and high end busy gay saunas with men in them - as opposed to lack lustre bars with watered down alcohol and young boy* ( over 18 but barely sometimes) prostitutes.

So without a definition of what makes a "great gay holiday resort" its' impossible to start naming ANY of them better than any others and that was was BBGUY was clearly saying too.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (December 6th, 2021), vnman (December 6th, 2021)

Liked

OMG! surely all those cute twinks who entertained me, a balding middle-aged guy, twenty years ago were doing it out of lust, not for the money? Say it ain't so, Joe!
    It ain't so, Oliver! Strangely, there are lads who do like to do it with older men, not just middle-aged but old-aged.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (December 6th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 6th, 2021), vnman (December 6th, 2021)