List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

Liked

Re: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

There have been various alternative suggestions posted.

Sitges
    I've been there several times, although never for holiday. Whilst the party scene is good, all the guys on Grindr are big and hairy. Not my type at all. Also it's likely to be cold in December.

Tokyo
    A very interesting city, with a lively gay scene and cute guys. To actually get one in bed requires either searching for one who likes a mature westerner, or paying out considerably more than in Thailand. If the latter, good service is assured.

Singapore
    The naked night at the sauna almost justifies the trip on it's own. If such places are allowed to open with COVID. After that, finding a cute and willing boy can be much harder work than in Thailand.

Also, in all 3 of these locations, living is far more expensive than Thailand. If I had to choose one of these 3 for the gay scene, it would be Tokyo.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If I had to choose one of these 3 for the gay scene, it would be Tokyo.
    Thank you. Now we're getting somewhere. You're giving details. I don't think you see these places as better than Thailand, though - just different.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    having a few gay venues in easy walking distance may be a convenience, but with decent transport options do we really need gay ghettos any more?
    My answer to that question is a definite 'yes'. Having a group of gay venues in very close proximity creates a special vibe that you just do not get if those venues require transport between them. That's why Soi Twilight worked, why Silom Soi 4 works, why Shinjuku ni-chome works, why the Red House in Taipei works.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Thank you. Now we're getting somewhere. You're giving details. I don't think you see these places as better than Thailand, though - just different.
    Do you seriously believe that nowhere can be better than Thailand? Of course they can! It's not even a subject for discussion. It all depends on what you are looking for. Money boys, gogo bars if they ever open before as they used to with the boys in skimpy briefs, beer bars, gay saunas, a beach at Pattaya (with filthy water), nice weather most of the year and so on can be found in Thailand. You are right that other cities and countries are different. So what's new? I know older people who live in the cities i have mentioned and who would never dream of moving to Thailand.

The difference as I and others have pointed out is that you need a bit more cash in the other cities I listed. Not necessarily much, though. It depends on your circumstances and desires. Eating out and transport in those cities can easily be extremely inexpensive. Someone into pay for play probably spends 6,000 baht a week or more on offs and tips. Those who are not into pay for play - not many here it seems but a lot in the general gay population - can then put most of that cash to put toward probably their highest expense - rent. There are plenty of boys in the gay bars and on the apps willing to hook up with an older foreigner and often even transport is not requested.

It merely depends on what you are looking for and what you have experienced. If you have not been out of Thailand for decades, how can you possibly tell?

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (December 8th, 2021), vnman (December 7th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Do you seriously believe that nowhere can be better than Thailand?
    That's not what Gaybutton said or even implied.

In response to my post on some other destinations, he said "I don't think you see these places as better than Thailand".
    Which happens to be a correct interpretation. I don't see those other places as better than Thailand and I've been to all 3. Singapore twice and far more often to Tokyo and Sitges, although for business purposes not holidays.
    If my bank balance was nearer to that of Bill Gates, I might just visit Japan as well as Thailand on a regular basis, but Thailand will remain first choice.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Do you seriously believe that nowhere can be better than Thailand?
    Do you seriously believe I said any such thing? If I did, please post the quote that makes you to think so.

Liked

Do you seriously believe I said any such thing? If I did, please post the quote that makes you to think so.
    I don't think you see these places as better than Thailand, though - just different.
    I think that it's a weird assumption to make. Of course, these places are different. They can still be seen as better than Thailand. When someone tells me he prefers one over the other, I assume it's because he thinks it's better.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 7th, 2021), Dax (December 8th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Come along, ladies, handbags at 10 paces 36B4AEEC-6E24-4C4A-B69A-0ADFEA9BBFC7.jpeg

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 7th, 2021), vnman (December 7th, 2021)

Liked

If nothing else please lose the idea that London, Paris, Amsterdam etc are even on the same page or even in the same book as Thailand with regards to cost of living.

Liked

If I leave out the cost of hiring guys for fun, everything else in Tokyo is much cheaper than where I live and only a little more expensive than Bangkok.

High-end hotels in Tokyo are very expensive but there are lots of cheap business hotels scattered all over Tokyo if you don't want to spend the money.

I stayed at the City Hotel Lonestar, which is situated right in the middle of Shinjuku 2-chome. The room was small - not unusual for Japan - but more than adequate. I forget what I paid but probably around the same as the Tarntawan.

There's something for everybody; you just have to know where to look.

14. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 7th, 2021), Brad the Impala (December 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 8th, 2021), vnman (December 7th, 2021)