List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: You still think Thailand is a gay paradise?

It seems I was absolutely right - “for retirees in Pattaya who desire an unending supply of cheap male prostitutes” Thailand is indeed a gay paradise (and theirs is the only perspective that matters)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    It seems I was absolutely right - “for retirees in Pattaya who desire an unending supply of cheap male prostitutes” Thailand is indeed a gay paradise
    And that's bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    He DID answer you question
    Not without naming somewhere he didn't. Let him define what 'better' means to him and then tell us where that might be.

I have zero interest in that kind of nitpicking. If he can't figure out that I meant a general question, that's his problem. If there is somewhere any board members would rather go than Thailand, all I'm asking is where that would be and why.

If 'better' really has to be defined, then whoever posts about somewhere better is the one who tells us where and why it's better - which obviously would be his own definition of 'better'.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That’s a ridiculous premise as of course if his preferences were different to yours you would never understand why he or anyone else would think somewhere else might be better yet less agree with him about that then.

All you can say is that YOU ( I presume) think Pattaya is the best gay place in the world etc, many people would I’m sure disagree with that statement for many different reasons. That doesn’t make you wrong when based on your preferences but it does make it wrong to others perhaps when based on their preferences. Surely you understand that.

I’m answer to your question though I would rate Sitges in Spain as “up there” as one of my most enjoyable places and I know many other gay men would say the same. That being for the lovely beach, great food, good gay bars and many hot guys both young and older.

But again that’s based on my wanting that type of holiday, if I wanted merely young cute Asian prostitutes and a bit of beach etc then Pattaya is up there for that (usually). It’s all a case of preferences and horses for courses so you can’t honestly expect an all encompassing answer to such a limited question.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    And that's bad?
    On the contrary it confirms my view that there’s no single idea of what it means to be “gay” (if anything) and in particular it gives the lie to the whole concept of an “LGBT etcetera community”

5. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (December 9th, 2021)

Liked

All you can say is that YOU ( I presume) think Pattaya is the best gay place in the world
    To answer my question it doesn't matter what I think. I'm glad you mentioned a specific place. With all the sniping back and forth, you gave your answer to my question. I hope that will get some others to also let us know where and why.

I asked a very simple question and some are trying to make much more out of it and make it complicated. Sorry, I'm not going to play or get sucked in to any further discussion about it - whether you're anal retentive or not. If you don't want to answer the question, then don't answer the question.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    In comparing Thailand with other countries, there are some questions that need answering.

Can I walk with my boyfriend safely in cities and towns without being stared at, either in surprise or hostility?
    Will hotels accept us and restaurants serve us with pleasure?
    Have gay people anything to fear regarding their sexuality from policemen?
    Are there sections of cities- even a few roads- which can be described as gay?

There are certainly places to which I have been attracted as a gay visitor, but some of them (specifically the non-Asian ones) seem unlikely to answer these questions positively.

And if I may throw in a more controversial observation, are the guys on the scene predominantly "gay for pay"? If so, I wouldn't be interested.
    In Tokyo, Taipei and Singapore the answers are definitely Yes, Yes, No, Yes. Over quite a few years I can count the number of gay for play requests on the apps on one hand. Even holding hands with your boyfriend in Singapore is unlikely to result in anything more than an occasional glance from one of the older generation.

I think the main issue is that the cities I have mentioned are all a bit more expensive than Thailand. Also weather. Apart from Singapore, you will be in cities with real seasons, and in Tokyo it can be really cold in winter. Naturally you can find cheaper hotels and eateries everywhere if you do enough checking or ask someone with experience of the cities. There is even an all gay hotel in Taipei which will welcome you with open arms.

https://gshotel.business.site

8. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes; Asian cultural attitudes are very different to those in, for example, South America. A combination of conservative Christian beliefs and machismo are not likely to be as tolerant of non-conforming sexualities, though countries like pre-Bolsonaro Brazil, Chavez's Venezuela and Uruguay were encouraged by left-wing governments to be more open, perhaps partly due to the power of the Catholic Church being diminished.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Especially yours. Now, if you're through with your long-winded lecture, are you going to answer my question and tell me of a place better ?
    And again in case you missed it GB Bkkguy DID answer your question - you just perhaps failed to read his reply to you correctly it or just didn't wish to take his point, but he DID answer and reply, both with several locations other tha Thailand and also the reason he thought them "better' in regard to what HE found to be one of the metrics he used when "scoring" a city when he said to you.......

"I have found a wider selection of restaurants in many European and other Asian cities that are better, still reasonably priced and either gay operated or comfortable for a gay couple or single tourist to enjoy in citiesI have visited like London, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Taipei, Singapore"

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (December 8th, 2021)

Liked

And again in case you missed it GB Bkkguy DID answer your question
    I missed nothing. Do you think posting a string of city names answers my question? It doesn't.

And my question included "I'd like to know where and what about it makes it better than Thailand."

Where's the part where he explains what makes any of those places better than Thailand? Go ahead and support him if you want to, but his responses are no answer. It's nothing more than his usual adversarial posting. I'm surprised you don't see that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Actually I only see one person being adversarial on this thread.......you asked for places - he gave you places, you asked why he told you why ( in his case the restauants) - that was his answer, the fact you dont like or accept that answer is more just down to you perhaps.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (December 8th, 2021)