List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Omicron Now in Thailand

The Thaiger video below pretty much summarizes where things stand right now.

The shit hit the fan after the Health Ministers emotional episode. Meeting with CCSA set for Friday to work out a compromise. Nobody wants to go back to quarantine (except the Health Minister). I wonder if he was even invited to the meeting?

RUMOR
    Hints of keeping Test & Go - but adding some additional requirements.
    List of approved countries may be shortened. (oops, that doesn't sound good)

https://thethaiger.com/news/national...quarantine-gmt

Liked

Re: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

Try being here. Wanna go into the pharmacy to buy something...scan your wechat then fill in a form with your name, phone number, passport number and some other stuff I couldn't understand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And to think not two weeks ago Dodger you told me...... "I just remind myself to laugh out loud every time I hear an overly paranoid person freaking out over this bullshit. Laughing is good for the soul."

A blind man surely seen this coming, I just hope anyone who did go ahead and book flights and hotels can get a full refund in good time if they now decide they cant travel - or at the least had their forms in early so can maybe still wing it and get up while they still can - if they want to, remembering as I said a the start that getting HOME again ( if necessary for work etc) IS just a big a consideration as getting away these days.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    And to think not two weeks ago Dodger you told me...... "I just remind myself to laugh out loud every time I hear an overly paranoid person freaking out over this bullshit. Laughing is good for the soul."

A blind man surely seen this coming, I just hope anyone who did go ahead and book flights and hotels can get a full refund in good time if they now decide they cant travel - or at the least had their forms in early so can maybe still wing it and get up while they still can - if they want to, remembering as I said a the start that getting HOME again ( if necessary for work etc) IS just a big a consideration as getting away these days.
    It's why he continues to deserve the "Amazing Dodgems" moniker

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I just hope anyone who did go ahead and book flights and hotels can get a full refund in good time if they now decide they cant travel -
    Thailand doesn’t do refunds EVER.

I had to delay a 1 night test and go in November and when I went to rebook it this month the hotel no longer does them.

So I asked for a refund....fat chance. They insist I use it as a regular room.
    That’s useless to me.

So I will probably book a room at the most inconvenient time, turn up then leave it empty ...

I say again never ever expect refunds inThailand. And avoid paying them when possible.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (December 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would tend to agree with you ( no I ABSOLUTELY agree with you) but surprising I'd booked a flight with Thail lion Air which they cancelled and i thought "oh here we go" - I rang for the refund - "yes we'll send you it, it might take a while" - months passed, I called again, same story, I called once more, same story....I figured well thats that and mentally wrote it off.

However much to my surprise about 6 months after the event low and behold I did finally receive the refund to my account totally unprompted ! I still can't quite believe it !

I should add however that I'm so fucking stupid that each time I'd called them ( and been put on hold for 10 minutes each time etc) I'd inadvertently been in "work mode" so had been using my mobile all day and so automatically did the same when calling them ( calling direct to Thailand !!) So yes I got my £120 refund - all closely followed by my £100 mobile phone bill ! lol

Still I so enjoyed spending that £20 I made back from it all ! :-)

But I'm guessing Im one of the few to EVER get a refund from any Thai business perhaps !?

8. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 5th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The PM just suspended the Test & Go Program.

Here we go!

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...-registration/

Liked

A blind man surely seen this coming, I just hope anyone who did go ahead and book flights and hotels can get a full refund in good time if they now decide they cant travel
    You are smart and can see into future, I'm not that smart, in my naivete I filled Thailand Pass, and against all odds made it.

It is easy to be extra careful, but then it would be safer to never leave a house, a blind man can see that a brick can fall on your head any moment.

Some like to travel take mild risks, and usually things work out.

I took a chance, and I'm in Thailand until spring. Had I been that blind man, I'd be sitting in snow in Europe, at moment Tallinn temperature -9C.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 21st, 2021), Dodger (December 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    took a chance, and I'm in Thailand until spring. Had I been that blind man, I'd be sitting in snow in Europe, at moment Tallinn temperature -9C.
    Nope, as I think I said if I'd the luxury of sitting in Thailand and not having to think or worry about getting back for work or whatever then I too for sure would also have happily filled in the forms and "winged it" to try and get there.

My point never was that one shouldn't, but only that one should be aware of the unfolding situation before randomly booking a christmas trip / flight as many of usually did around that time.

Delighted for you that you're there and enjoying the sun - I assure you if i had that easy long term option open to me then I too would also happily be sitting on the beach next to you too ! Enjoy !

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I’m not terribly bothered by the temporary hold on new Thailand passes but I hope for those already here that no new restrictions are put in place. Those of us living here should see if they can speed up their third jab.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"