List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

Liked

Re: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

1. The announcement seems to be stopping new applications for test and go only.

2. Any further domestic restrictions would seem premature before Omicron gets going. By the time it does take hold, there ought to be better data from other countries on severity. Countries like the UK and Denmark have kindly volunteered to test the virus.

3 I gather those who had 2 doses of Astra Zeneca can get boosters at 3 months now, according to some very sensible policy. No check for proof of residency either, but take up from bar boys is mixed.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. User who gave Like to post:

daydreamer (December 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

According to Pattaya's Mayor there are no lockdowns, wide-scale business closures or beach closures in the plans going forward:

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/0...ovid-19-cases/

Liked

Just a total alcohol ban, coming soon, near you.......

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 5th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Coronavirus cases in Pattaya are exploding, with more than 700 reported in just the past three days.

With all these rapid antigen tests becoming in-vogue, why am I not surprised.

Test more = more positive cases of Omicron .
    Test less = fewer positive cases of Omicron.

Solution = Stop testing - Open all businesses - Enjoy life. If you get sick for a week - deal with it.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...pattaya-385245

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 11th, 2022), gerefan2 (January 6th, 2022), goji (January 6th, 2022), Kenny (January 6th, 2022), splinter1949 (January 6th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Coronavirus cases in Pattaya are exploding, with more than 700 reported in just the past three days.

Solution = Stop testing - Open all businesses - Enjoy life. If you get sick for a week - deal with it.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...pattaya-385245

So what’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi
    To each his own.

The approach that Jai and I are taking is very simple; We're avoiding going to restaurants, or anywhere else for that fact, where a lot of people are gathering until this wave of Omicron has passed. If by chance either of us starts to feel ill we will take test(s) ourselves at home. If either of us were to test positive we would immediately self-quarantine to keep others safe. We wouldn't report this to anyone.

End of story.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    He's busy documenting the ISO-9000-compliant process

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

The number of test results gathered must be heavily influenced by the incentives and disincentives to take a test. If there is any perception of excessive penalties for failing, people will avoid tests.
    This may be offset by compulsion to test for workers in certain sectors. Or perhaps a minority of customers who are actually prepared to test.
    So after we adjust for people dodging tests, I would imagine the actual number of cases is far higher.

I also note the article referred to over 20% of cases being linked to bars.
    So that means that almost 80% of cases are linked to establishments other than bars ? Some analysis of the other 80% would be useful.
    Also, if I understand, bars and other establishments selling alcohol are just about the only major customer service business required to test customers, but they still only account for just over 20% of infections ?
    Maybe the prohibition supporters in the guvernor's office need to rethink their position.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 6th, 2022), gerefan2 (January 6th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

Every goose and gander out there has to decide for themselves what they need to do to stay safe, and at the same time continue enjoying life.

My opinion is that Omicron is so contagious that everyone will get it at some point. It's so mild (as compared to covid) that a person probably won't even know if it's a common cold, flu bug, or Omicron, that they have. Many have it now and don't even know it, while others are just waiting in queue,

Going to bars, restaurants, or any other public venue during this process is a personal decision left up to each goose and gander out there. One would hope that those in a high risk category would avoid these public venues all together until this thing blows over.

It's also my opinion that forcing people to take these rapid tests will do nothing more than create a ton of worthless data...only valuable to those who want to use these data to push their own personal political agendas.

Goji cited a perfect example: The data they're stockpiling from these tests shows that 80% of the people who test positive (they think) did not catch the virus in a bar or restaurant, although, they're attempting to use the very same data to close bars and restaurants that sell alcohol. They're not focusing on containing Omicron, because they already know it can't be contained. They're taking advantage of the situation (leveraging) to push another agenda. That's just the way I see it.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 6th, 2022), goji (January 6th, 2022)