List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

Liked

Re: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

"They're not focusing on containing Omicron, because they already know it can't be contained."

Someone should tell the Chinese government.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-peo...downs-12509576

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 7th, 2022), goji (January 6th, 2022)

Liked

Today china posted 175 new cases of Covid....damn...A billion plus population and ONLY 175 cases...One would not believe anything coming out of this country...HOPE they don't begin going to Thailand anytime soon....

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 7th, 2022), llz (January 8th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What the latest Science says about how and when the Omicron surge will end.

Interesting article which pretty much sums up the fact that Omicron symptoms are far less severe than Delta, coupled with the fact that many people are vaccinated now, and herd immunity is being accomplished. People still have to use common sense when visiting public venues - but are these mandatory mass rapid tests that businesses are now required to perform really paying dividends?

https://www.aol.com/news/latest-scie...100033400.html

6. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (January 8th, 2022)

Liked

The article mentions immunity, but not herd immunity. Whilst individuals will be resistant to severe disease, proper herd immunity will not happen when people have low immunity to mild or asymptomatic infection.
    Also, regarding the ending of the Omicron wave, well I think a lot depends on how long particular governments want to string it out for.
    The Junta in Thailand seem intent on imposing further restrictions, despite the far lower severity and widespread availability of vaccines. If the restrictions have any effect, they will also prolong this wave.
    Meanwhile, in England, the government is trying to proceed with hardly any restrictions. Which seems to be correct for an era with widespread resistance to COVID and a much less severe variant. The wave will be over far more quickly.

The Junta don't seem to be very good at timing. They crippled the tourist industry for months with restrictions, even though Thailand had the same delta variant as elsewhere.
    Then they opened Test and Go in November. They kept that running for just long enough to rapidly import the Omicron variant, which also started in November. Then once all the horses had bolted, they slammed the stable door shut.
    So Test and Go is suspended, but I have no idea why, as Omicron is already spreading in Thailand. More enlightened and accountable governments are already abandoning Omicron entry restrictions.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 11th, 2022), Dodger (January 7th, 2022)

Liked

Au contraire...
    Président Macron is completely riled up by the Omicron variant making him want to pee on his unvaccinated fellow citizens,evidently a clear case of paranoia.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 7th, 2022)

Liked

I'm with Macron on this. I do find it funny (peculiar) that OmniCromwell prevents fun and fornication but doesnt stop 200000 Russian troops massing near Ukraine or going into Kazakhstan for 'peacekeeping'.

Liked

Perhaps the Russians have in store a superior vaccine than those produced by the manufacturers affected by the mass formation psychosis currently manifesting in the general population of the advanced northern countries.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Today china posted 175 new cases of Covid....damn...A billion plus population and ONLY 175 cases...One would not believe anything coming out of this country...HOPE they don't begin going to Thailand anytime soon....
    A friend of mine, with business in China, told me that reports from his colleagues there say that the situation is much worse than official reports. The words 'out of control' were used. This will never be officially reported.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Interesting infographic based on early studies of omicron.Screenshot_20220107-163714_Twitter_copy_800x360.jpg

16. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

A friend of mine, with business in China, told me that reports from his colleagues there say that the situation is much worse than official reports. The words 'out of control' were used. This will never be officially reported.
    Better them than us. And by "us" I mean the rest of the planet.

I feel much better knowing that the Chinese are not allowed to leave their country under the governments "Zero Covid" program. It would have been even better if they did this 2 years ago.

Asa Butterfield...if you're reading this, I hope you can find a way to escape.

18. User who gave Like to post:

llz (January 8th, 2022)