List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

24 countries have already reported cases of the Omicron virus including the U.S. and UK. - and it seems like just a matter of time before it reaches Thailand.

The only word I can think of to describe this situation is "devastating".

Always the optimist, I'm trying as hard as I can to see any possibility a positive outcome, but failing to do so. I imagine the CCSA will have no other choice but to mandate another lockdown if cases of this new variant turn up in Thailand.

Read about it here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim...h=335ecefe3433

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Omicron - Are we going back to square one?

I'm saving this thread. Dodgems' record of predicting how things will turn out especially as the policy of the Thai government goes (think "Phuket Sandbox") has been consistently 100% (or Amazing to put it another way) wrong.

Liked

As I've already mentioned, once they've identified and sequenced another strain of the virus, cat's already out of the bag.

Pro-tip: It's already in Thailand, they just haven't tested enough yet.

Good news is, from initial reports, it doesn't make you as sick as Delta. It's just more transmissable, that's all. This is just initial findings from the medical professionals though, and as per-usual, nobody knows what the fuck is going on or what's going to happen in the future.

Liked

The messages are mixed with some saying it's a huge cause for concern while others saying the symptoms are mild and have been circulating for months.

The latter fits in with what the UK has been saying for some time, that by the spring this virus should be treated like a common cold.

Personally I think the biggest problem now is not the virus but the fear of it. If there is an epicentre of over zealous fear it's here in China. It took 40 minutes of scanning to get into the club last night. I know of one university that has kept the students locked in for two months but that's possibly an example of a psycho martinet in charge.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 2nd, 2021)

Liked

There's definitely a cause for concern. There's no reason this virus can't mutate into something with a ~4% mortality rate.

However, from what I've seen so far, you can just ignore this new variant and carry on as usual. Maybe something new will come out over the coming weeks as the data is being gathered, but right now, it seems to be all hype and no basis.

All I hear on the news is, "we just don't know enough right now". Great, then how about you keep your mouth shut until you do know, instead of scaring entire populations like this?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    There's no reason this virus can't mutate into something with a ~4% mortality rate.
    There is no reason for any mutation. Because mutations themself are errors of reading from RNA or "writing" at time of virus replication. Probability of mutation to new stamm with mortality rate 80% and to new stamm with zero mortality is the same.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    There is no reason for any mutation. Because mutations themself are errors of reading from RNA or "writing" at time of virus replication. Probability of mutation to new stamm with mortality rate 80% and to new stamm with zero mortality is the same.

Thanks Dr. Oz. Hope you win your seat in the US Senate.

No Platformed
    Liked

Well that didn't take long. I wonder if he consulted Amazing Dodgems first - PM says no lockdown:
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2225575

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    24 countries have already reported cases of the Omicron virus including the U.S. and UK. - and it seems like just a matter of time before it reaches Thailand. ......The only word I can think of to describe this situation is "devastating"

Well now.... I just hope that someone's not being an "overly paranoid person freaking out over this bullshit" ( hmmm why does that phrase sound vaguely familiar!?

If so all I can suggest is that you just have a damn good laugh about chaos that's ensuing around the world because of it al as apparently "laughing is good for the soul." - so someone said once about it all I believe ! lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Well now.... I just hope that someone's not being an "overly paranoid person freaking out over this bullshit" (
    To be brutally honest, I'm not concerned about this variant in the least. It's people's reaction to it that I'm concerned with.

The Thai PM is proudly announcing that this variant will not cause Thailand to lockdown or stop its plans to reopen - but if (when) micron reaches Thailand all bets are off, and everybody knows it. That's what's concerning.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (January 7th, 2022), StevieWonders (December 3rd, 2021)