List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well after many years I'm returning for a visit January 21.....hope something is open!

Liked

Re: Well after many years I'm returning for a visit January 21.....hope something is open!

Just got my Thai Pass today...it took seconds after submission...and I like a good submission!

Liked

Re: Well after many years I'm returning for a visit January 21.....hope something is open!

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5 View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    After a long hiatus, I'm returning to the Land of Smiles, lol.
    I'm going to be in Cambodia for the month before...mostly in Phnom Penh where I lived and worked previously. I will gather some of my stuff that has been in storage there and take it back to my new home in Mexico. Then for a couple of weeks, I'll go to Bangkok and Pattaya. We'll see if this is a big mistake or not lol. I'm not going to hope that the bars are open so I will use the apps and also just walk around the areas...
    I was just in Colombia for 2 months...I should give a trip report as it was so good I'm returning in March and April!!!
    Anyone else around from January 21- February 8th?
    I would love to hear of your experiences in Mexico and Columbia. I was considering a trip back to Thailand.... but maybe closer to home is better if an old punter can have some fun in Columbia or Mexico.

I hope you tell us about Phnom Penh as well!

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

Some daytime views of Silom soi 4, Sunday 4PM, Dec 12.
    At soi 4 everything is open, new Circle looks good, local guys, staff eating at the padio.
    Photo of street traffic on Silom, almost no traffic, very quiet, and it is same everywhere in Bangkok. Tuk tuk guys offering 1hr rides for 100 Baht.

https://i.imgur.com/IlyyaXA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QV0MWoV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6E96q4h.jpg

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (December 14th, 2021), Dodger (December 12th, 2021), Jellybean (December 14th, 2021), vnman (December 12th, 2021)

Liked

Only hours later I passed there as well and took the following pictures.

Former Soi Twilight, Raya has construction on their facade. And indeed few people and cars/mocy around, I didn't have to wait long to take this picture without anyone in it.

IMG_4738small.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

I'm just coming from Phnom Penh and while all their 4 gay bars are open (Toolbox, POC, Space Hair, Blue Chili; but few customers and no show), Soi 4 alone has more gay bars. But in general, life in Phnom Penh is back to normal whereas in Bangkok it's still very subdued.

7. 5 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (December 14th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 15th, 2021), Jellybean (December 14th, 2021), Mancs (January 8th, 2022), vnman (December 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Photo of street traffic on Silom, almost no traffic, very quiet, and it is same everywhere in Bangkok.
    this is not unusual for a Sunday on a 3 day holiday weekend
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Sadly I just canceled all my reservations to Thailand as I am not arriving by the 15th. The Thai government lied of course when they said those who were approved would be allowed to come in...fool me twice (or hundreds of times) shame on me, lol.
    It didn't cost me a lot but it cost me several hundred dollars lost in AirBnB cancelation charges, Bangkok Air lost reservation from Phnom Penh to Bangkok (except I get back the taxes), and lost insurance with AXA that I was required to buy to get the Thai Pass. It also cost me about $500 extra to fly a horrible route out of Phnom Penh instead of a good route from Bangkok...but that's my fault since now I refuse to transit Thailand due to the government possibly imposing some new restriction.
    I fully intend on writing about this ad infinitum ad nauseam....just so they lose tourist business in the future.
    Will I return ever...I'm not sure...we'll see.
    For the last two weeks, Cambodia has been great...in two weeks I will return to Mexico where I live...then I am planning a trip back to Colombia (Yummy) and on to Argentina and Brazil...never been to Argentina or Brazil...but I have already made acquaintances/appointments there, lol.
    Last edited by topjohn5; January 7th, 2022 at 18:14. Reason: spelling

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 7th, 2022), christianpfc (January 8th, 2022), llz (January 8th, 2022), splinter1949 (January 13th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

a wtite up on the countries you live in or visit regularly would be good...like best whore bars..etcetera

Liked

Sorry about your losses. I made it to Thailand without problems (but a lot of anxious waiting and much more expensive than it would have been before Covid) from Cambodia a month ago. Internet is full of stories like yours.

Enjoy your time in Cambodia and Central/South America and report back. I had a good time in Brazil in Sep2020 and will go back not just to Brazil, but plan to visit Colombia and Mexico as well after hearing a lot of good things about there.

At the moment it seems Cambodia is a better place for bars and public life anyway compared to Thailand, and only because I speak the Language, have a household and many foreign friends in Thailand, I came here from Cambodia. For a general tourist, I would not recommend going to Thailand now.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5 View Post
    Sadly I just canceled all my reservations to Thailand as I am not arriving by the 15th. The Thai government lied of course when they said those who were approved would be allowed to come in...fool me twice (or hundreds of times) shame on me, lol.
    It didn't cost me a lot but it cost me several hundred dollars lost in AirBnB cancelation charges, Bangkok Air lost reservation from Phnom Penh to Bangkok (except I get back the taxes), and lost insurance with AXA that I was required to buy to get the Thai Pass. It also cost me about $500 extra to fly a horrible route out of Phnom Penh instead of a good route from Bangkok...but that's my fault since now I refuse to transit Thailand due to the government possibly imposing some new restriction.
    I fully intend on writing about this ad infinitum ad nauseam....just so they lose tourist business in the future.
    Will I return ever...I'm not sure...we'll see.
    For the last
    two weeks, Cambodia has been great...in two weeks I will return to Mexico where I live...then I am planning a trip back to Colombia (Yummy) and on to Argentina and Brazil...never been to Argentina or Brazil...but I have already made acquaintances/appointments there, lol.

They did you a favor you are missing nothing and I live here! All the things you remember either are gone or have changed so most everything you remember now are hardly recognizable.

Sunee for all intensive purposes has ceased to exist.
    Boystown has no open GoGo bars and is limited to 1 Soi.
    Not sure if Jomtien Complex existed when you were last here now it has beer bars inhabited by mostly feminine boys most likely Cambodian with few falangs who are less than 65-70 years old who are there really to socialize with others falangs as the “boys” huddle in small groups looking at their phones.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    a wtite up on the countries you live in or visit regularly would be good...like best whore bars..etcetera
    Yes, I'm preparing the write-up of my 2 month trip to Colombia I took in August and September....

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (January 12th, 2022), christianpfc (January 11th, 2022), llz (January 9th, 2022)