Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

  1. #1
    Forum's veteran goji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,908
    Liked
    1520

    Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Picture 1 shows 7 days worth of covid infections by province (source: Thaiger).

    I calculated a total and checked the population of Bangkok and Chonburi provinces on Wikipedia. This allows a 7-day infection rate to be calculated. See table.

    It's worse in Bangkok. Yet, the bars in Bangkok are open already whilst Pattaya has to wait TWO whole months.

    It seems some provinces are treated more harshly than others ? From what I recall, it was similar back in early 2021.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    dab69 (November 23rd, 2021), daydreamer (November 23rd, 2021), gerefan2 (November 23rd, 2021)

  3. #2
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,339
    Liked
    2364

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Picture 1 shows 7 days worth of covid infections by province (source: Thaiger).

    I calculated a total and checked the population of Bangkok and Chonburi provinces on Wikipedia. This allows a 7-day infection rate to be calculated. See table.

    It's worse in Bangkok. Yet, the bars in Bangkok are open already whilst Pattaya has to wait TWO whole months.

    It seems some provinces are treated more harshly than others ? From what I recall, it was similar back in early 2021.
    goji,

    Scrutinizing data which is as skewed as what you find reported in Thailand is really a fruitless exercise. Not enough accurate data...too much uncontrollable variation...and, in some cases, intentionally flawed data. You'll just end up with "analysis paralysis".

    Analyzing data in Thailand for the purpose of making predictions about the future has never worked for anyone. You'd be better off talking to a monk.

  4. User who gave Like to post:

    Armando (November 23rd, 2021)

  5. #3
    Forum's veteran cdnmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    KK
    Posts
    6,178
    Liked
    1134

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    goji,

    Scrutinizing data which is as skewed as what you find reported in Thailand is really a fruitless exercise. Not enough accurate data...too much uncontrollable variation...and, in some cases, intentionally flawed data. You'll just end up with "analysis paralysis".

    Analyzing data in Thailand for the purpose of making predictions about the future has never worked for anyone. You'd be better off talking to a monk.
    For someone who can't stop himself from trashing Thailand at every chance he can, you sure seem to love living there.

  6. User who gave Like to post:

    StevieWonders (November 23rd, 2021)

  7. #4
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,339
    Liked
    2364

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

    For someone who can't stop himself from trashing Thailand at every chance he can, you sure seem to love living there.
    Yeh, you're right. I wonder why this is.

    Maybe it has something to do with the half-naked Thai boy who just walked in the bedroom with a cup of freshly brewed Belgium coffee...or the early-morning sounds of the macaws and canaries singing outside the balcony...or waves crashing on the shoreline...or aroma of freshly chopped coriander and green onions coming the kitchen...or the plans we have to go splish-splashing in the ocean a bit later, so he can fill his little plastic bucket with clams and snails....and I can submerse myself in the harmony and timelessness of the moment.

    Maybe...just maybe this has something to do with it.

  8. 9 Users gave Like to post:

    Daveuk (November 23rd, 2021), dinagam (November 23rd, 2021), gerefan2 (November 23rd, 2021), goji (November 23rd, 2021), jimnbkk (November 27th, 2021), Kenny (November 23rd, 2021), Moggy (November 23rd, 2021), Oliver2 (November 23rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 26th, 2021)

  9. #5
    No Platformed
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,778
    Liked
    441

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    I’m assuming Amazing Dodgems will providing similar hospitality for his daughter

  10. #6
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,652
    Liked
    2114

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    ========I calculated a total and checked the population of Bangkok and Chonburi provinces on Wikipedia. This allows a 7-day infection rate to be calculated. See table.

    You forgot to take in account deaths per 100K and vacant beds in hospitals per 100K, also probability of street disorders. I think last one is most important.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  11. #7
    Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,987
    Liked
    1321

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    For someone who can't stop himself from trashing Thailand at every chance he can, you sure seem to love living there.
    Everyone looks at the world as they see fit. Dodger most always had a need for companionship so if he refers to his 30 year old b/f as a boy it is his prerogative as well as the way he views anything else.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

  12. #8
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,339
    Liked
    2364

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

    ......so if he refers to his 30 year old b/f as a boy it is his prerogative as well as the way he views anything else.
    Thank you for offering that clarification.

    I wouldn't want anyone to think that I've been partnered for the last 8 years with an adolescent.

  13. User who gave Like to post:

    Ruthrieston (November 26th, 2021)

  14. #9
    Forum's veteran goji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,908
    Liked
    1520

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    it is his prerogative as well as the way he views anything else.
    It his his prerogative to view most things in a positive light. Certain other members ought to try it, even if just occasionally to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Analyzing data in Thailand for the purpose of making predictions about the future has never worked for anyone.
    At no point have I used the data to make predictions.
    However, isn't it rather odd that the Junta already think they know enough to keep Pattaya locked up for 2 months into the future, whilst the 7 day covid infection rate in Chonburi is already below that of Bangkok ?

  15. User who gave Like to post:

    Dodger (November 23rd, 2021)

  16. #10
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    995
    Liked
    1038

    Re: Is F*** Pattaya Official Policy ?

    Anti-Pattaya prejudice. The gleaming new malls and the (allegedly) re-formed beaches are not enough to hide the fact that the sex-industry and Pattaya continue to be bed-mates. And military juntas through history have always been distinctly puritanical, even when their members maintain a mia noi. Or two.

  17. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    Dodger (November 23rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 26th, 2021)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Sawatdee Network is the set of websites for (and about) gay community of Thailand, travelers and tourists in Thailand and in South East Asia.
Please visit us at:
2004-2017 © Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Sawatdee Network