Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preparing to Return to Thailand - by Richard Barrow

Liked

Re: Preparing to Return to Thailand - by Richard Barrow

gerefan2 wrote.
    "It will be interesting to see how many European countries remain in the “no quarantine” list at Thailand’s next review which I understand is soon.
    Austria anyone?"

Europe. Where defeat was aggressively wrestled from the arms of victory by a new form of terrorist know as anti-vaxxers. Some 1930s style Tutonic justice would be in.order for them..

2. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (November 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

I just wrote to my insurance company for a short letter confirming that I have medical insurance that covers me for at least US$100,000 and this includes cover for covid19.
    Thank you!

I've been waiting for someone to mention this.

My daughter did the same as you. She shot an e:mail to her Insurance company explaining the circumstances, and a few days later she received a letter/certificate from them substantiating her covid coverage.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Thank you!

I've been waiting for someone to mention this.

My daughter did the same as you. She shot an e:mail to her Insurance company explaining the circumstances, and a few days later she received a letter/certificate from them substantiating her covid coverage.
    F.Y.I. The 100,000 USD Covid requirement has been reduced to 50,000 USD.
    Last edited by christianpfc; November 24th, 2021 at 21:58.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

6. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I just wrote to my insurance company for a short letter confirming that I have medical insurance that covers me for at least US$100,000 and this includes cover for covid19.
    That worked for my trip to Brazil last year, but not when I tried for Cambodia. They just couldn't get the two or three specific requirements in one letter! In the end, I booked FORTE (Cambodian company, so their insurance fits the requirements exactly and is known by airline and immigration staff).

I have no health insurance now, when I go to Thailand I will probably take AXA as will be the smoothest (Thai company, known by airline and immigration).

8. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    That worked for my trip to Brazil last year, but not when I tried for Cambodia. They just couldn't get the two or three specific requirements in one letter! In the end, I booked FORTE (Cambodian company, so their insurance fits the requirements exactly and is known by airline and immigration staff).
    I have no health insurance now, when I go to Thailand I will probably take AXA as will be the smoothest (Thai company, known by airline and immigration).
    Note: as R. Barrow-in the OP is an expat living in TH for many, many years, all he writes-esp. about the THAI social security-will not apply to most of us. Plus the to be expected airline hassles as this is quite rare for a normal tourist or even most expats.
    The cheapest required insurance re this 50k covid i could find via those Thai sites seems to be AXA=3.700 THb (around 100 eur), for the min. 30 days. Did someone find any better/cheaper? For me its utter waste, as the hormal state-run medical insuracne for its citizens here is worldwide (up to amount paid out here for same treatment) plus I have continuos extra travel insurance world-wide, but none of these are willing to write a statement with the details wanted by the Thai.
    Most airlines also still want you to present a PCR test just before flying back from BKK-min price here in EUr is now around 70/75 eur, but around 100=3.500 in TH?
    BTW-certainly in the first weeks many, many people tried the ThaiPass system more often-probably after suspecting mistakes or whatever. From 200k applications (a week or so ago) it seems around 40-50K were duplicates-and the quoted nr of approvals was like 150k-logical reasoning thus suggests anyone gets accepted-maybe after a delay?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    The cheapest required insurance re this 50k covid i could find via those Thai sites seems to be AXA=3.700 THb (around 100 eur), for the min. 30 days.
    What do you mean by that? Are you staying for 30 days? I have great insurance but couldn't be bothered to get a letter from them. Firstly, it's like Christian says, they know AXA and it will give the least hassle. I also planned last-minute. Secondly, it was only 700 baht if I recall correctly. Which would come down to 100 baht a day for me +/- more or less. Not worth the trouble. I guess we each have our limited when it comes to saving money.

Liked

When I get a quote from https://direct.axa.co.th/TA-Inbound/CoverageOptionPlan,
    it's 2000 THB for 30 days or 3700 THB for 60 days for Plan 1 (the cheapest available). Might vary with age.

main exclusions:
    3. Terrorism.
    7. While the Insured is taking part in a brawl or taking part in inciting a brawl.
    That means becoming a victim of a terrorist attack or a brawl is not insured!
    It's different from insured "Medical Expense due to Accident or Sickness" but still, it's out of my power not to become a victim of a terrorist attack or a brawl.

Personal Accident Loss of Life, Dismemberment, Loss of Sight or Total Permanent Disability 1,000,000
    It doesn't say which currency. The premium is quoted in THB, but this must be 1 mUSD as 1 mTHB is less than 50 kUSD. Does the contract you receive state this clearly?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

It's being reported on some Thai sites that the Thai Government is looking at re-introducing 14 day quarantine for all travellers from countries in which the new SA variant is found. Which sooner or later is going to be most countries.

13. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (December 1st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Does the contract you receive state this clearly?
    policy.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    It's being reported on some Thai sites that the Thai Government is looking at re-introducing 14 day quarantine for all travellers from countries in which the new SA variant is found. Which sooner or later is going to be most countries.
    Does anyone still question why you cannot book Thailand well in advance?