Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambodia or Thailand?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cambodia or Thailand?

Read this and started looking for a visit there [Cambodia] -in lieu of TH, for upcoming holiday. Prospect of holding a hot brown guy in your arms remains very enticing. Airfare from EUR is nearly double (BKK always well under 500, PnPn around 800) and by now the only feasible way seems to be Sing air, but when I started reading their info re covid it came down to nearly same requirement as TH does for its ThailandPass. Test, insurance, VTL flites (for vaccinated people), and unclear if restrictions apply for SIN or not for transit. Whereas Singy is usually an airline with excellent customer service.
    It then also emerged that to board the plane back from TH would again require a recent PCR test.
    Well-I´ll guess i still wait till more hands on info from visitor gets published. Indeed it seems that 80-90% of those visiting now with the new scheme to TH are those having wives/relatives/freinds or whatever there.

Last edited by christianpfc; November 21st, 2021 at 22:07. Reason: add [Cambodia]

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 20th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Current Tourist Status

Is Phnom Penh or Siem Reap better in terms of gay scene?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    Is Phnom Penh or Siem Reap better in terms of gay scene?
    Phnom Penh was far better on my last visit.
    Far more bars, although Toolbox was the only one that I'd return to.
    Several saunas
    Lots of massage places, although quality is variable in some of them.
    More boys on the apps.

However, anyone going to Cambodia really ought to go to Siem Reap as well for the Angkor Wat complex. Particularly if there is a chance to go with modest numbers of other tourists.

Liked

I agree with you, goji.

I've been to Cambodia numerous times and found more sex available in PP.

The Gay bars were nothing special in Siem Reap and money boys no longer seemed to hang out in them. The Linga bar was the most famous. I went there every night but didn't find any action -just lots of farang tourists.

I think I've been to Siem Reap about 6 times, just to explore the huge Angkor Wat complex. For fun I used to go to the 2 Hatha Massage parlours. A walk around the night market can also lead to fun as there are plenty of massage places willing to "go upstairs" with you. I've posted a few trip reports here on Cambodia which may be helpful, but of course things change all the time.

As Thailand is seemingly slow to recover and it may take a long time for the gay scene to get back to some kind of normalcy, I'd seriously think about heading back to Cambodia rather than Thailand. (Although Myannmar is suddenly very appealing!) Besides, I really don't want to jump through all those hoops to get back to Thailand; I'd prefer to travel to a country which makes it easy to enter. And at the moment, that's not Thailand.

In the past I've combined a trip to Thailand with a visit to one of the neighbouring countries. I'm looking forward to the day when I can do that again - e.g. 1 week in say, Myannmar followed by 2 weeks in Thailand. Perfect!
    Last edited by a447; November 20th, 2021 at 09:41.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 20th, 2021)

Liked

Hertha Massage in PP would have enough straight boys there to keep me satisfied for a good 10 days. However both PP and Siem Reap are limited in what to do during the day so a two centre trip would be in order.

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (November 20th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Hertha Massage in PP would have enough straight boys there to keep me satisfied for a good 10 days. However both PP and Siem Reap are limited in what to do during the day so a two centre trip would be in order.
    http://hathakhmermassage.com/
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

Here's what you do in the day time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 21st, 2021), poshglasgow (May 31st, 2022), vnman (November 23rd, 2021)

Liked

If you do go to PP...two things. It's the Salad Nicoise capital of the world, available in practically every restaurant. And, PP has loads of hotels with rooftop pools so insist on staying on one of them. Lying in the water gazing across the city is the way to pass the days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    This massage place looks sooooo much better than anything in Bangkok.....wish I were there....yum yum

15. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    This massage place looks sooooo much better than anything in Bangkok.....wish I were there....yum yum
    Looks are not everything.
    I was there 2 years ago. As I was arriving, someone with an Irish accent was leaving & he complained about the quality of the massage. My massage was also really poor, so I declined the "extras" on the basis that he'd probably be no good at that either.

The real highlight of the trip was the sauna. The premises were nothing special, but the guys were good.