Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: They say that DJ Station is open

Liked

Re: They say that DJ Station is open

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    no one gives a fuck any more
    I see. I didn't know it is quite safe now until you decided it is and people don't give a fuck anymore. If I'm a public health officer, that makes you a modern day Typhoid Mary. Even if you're right, which you are not, that makes it perfectly ok to break the law, refuse to comply with the rules, jeopardize the health of others, and jeopardize other businesses? Are you one of those people who make a scene at airports by refusing to wear a face mask on the plane?

One Covid case arising from what is going on at that venue - just one - and how do you think the prime minister and CCSA will respond?

Their whole point, right or wrong, is to prevent exactly what is going on in those photos. I don't know about Bangkok, but if that was going on in Pattaya the place would have been raided and every one of those people would have been arrested.

So you go right ahead and rationalize all you want. Go ahead. Be that much of an irresponsible person. Go anywhere you want without wearing a mask. Let me know how far you get.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

Where's the social distancing?

What about the face masks? What happened to that?
    Perhaps this explains why you aren't being invited to any parties!

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Perhaps this explains why you aren't being invited to any parties!
    You must need to hire a social secretary to deal with all the invitations you get.

Liked

Thank you vnman.. Although Bangkok is not my patch so the photos/reports don't rupture my heart the way Pattaya ones do it's still bern lovely to read. You're right, the photos do take a lot of work what with image resizing and all and you also interspace them with text which also takes s lot of work but presents a better product.

Of course Rolls Royce threads like yours also attract the spluttering belching old Trabbants coughing their acrid fumes everywhere.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 21st, 2021), goji (November 21st, 2021), vnman (November 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Thank you vnman.. Although Bangkok is not my patch so the photos/reports don't rupture my heart the way Pattaya ones do it's still bern lovely to read.
    They’ve bern lovely to read for me also, even though Bern or Berne is not the Swiss city uppermost in my thoughts at the moment

Liked

tie po po face

9. User who gave Like to post:

daydreamer (November 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Well said Nirish Guy - gray is better!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    1 At some point, Thailand needs to move on and consign all this social distancing nonsense to the past. Once enough people are vaccinated, the death rate from covid will be about on par with flu, as it is elsewhere. The death rate will also be far below some of the other causes of premature death, which Thailand does nothing about. Of course, it could be argued that Thailand needs to vaccinate a few more people first, but the cut off point ought to be within a couple of months.

2 Has DJ somehow got licensed as a restaurant ? I'd imagine anything is possible, with an appropriate application and appropriate fees paid, either over or under the table.
    If so, they would be entitled to open.
    I presume people are entitled to remove masks in a restaurant, since they need to eat.

Then if they are complying with the law, I don't see the problem. I presume those members who argued against restrictions on restaurants also shouldn't see a problem.
    It's full of consenting adults, most of whom correctly realize they are going to get covid several times during their life.

Those who don't accept the risk can stay at home & don't need to impose their choices on others.
    Yes, and let's not forget that only vaccinated people were allowed inside the premises.

There comes a time that enough is enough. This was not only good for the owners but so many staff went back to work again and of course, the place needs to be cleaned again. And what about that little food stall you see in one of the pictures? I think that a lot of people's lives just got a little better because Soi 2 opened.

12. 6 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (November 22nd, 2021), Dodger (November 21st, 2021), gerefan2 (November 21st, 2021), goji (November 21st, 2021), GWMinUS (November 23rd, 2021), stev3 (November 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Yes, and let's not forget that only vaccinated people were allowed inside the premises.

There comes a time that enough is enough. This was not only good for the owners but so many staff went back to work again and of course, the place needs to be cleaned again. And what about that little food stall you see in one of the pictures? I think that a lot of people's lives just got a little better because Soi 2 opened.
    Different people will draw their own conclusions from their experience of the pandemic, lockdowns etc - mine generally has been what a great excuse for avoiding many of Thailand’s expat bores social distancing has been - long may it continue

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    There comes a time that enough is enough.
    Apparently some think that time has come. In some ways I do and some ways I don't. However, the only time that counts is when the powers-that-be who put the restrictions in place feel the same way and remove the restrictions. They are the ones who get to make the decisions. As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever. We may not like the rules and restrictions. We may think enough is enough. We may find much of it absurd. That doesn't matter. What does matter is the rules and restrictions are in place and we are expected to comply and obey them. I, for one, intend to do just that. I don't want to risk the consequences or risk arrest.

If any of you want to break the rules, take the risks, and suffer the consequences if you get caught, that is your own affair.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 22nd, 2021)