Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: They say that DJ Station is open

Liked

Re: They say that DJ Station is open

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever.

If any of you want to break the rules, take the risks, and suffer the consequences if you get caught, that is your own affair..
    Exactly! Our own affair. Why, then, do you insist on having a say? What business is it of yours if people go and have a drink at Soi 2?

About breaking rules, if you'd step outside, you would discover that Soi 2 and Soi 4 are legally open, serving food and drinks, legally. It bugs you that people are returning to normal life, but you got to get over it.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 21st, 2021), Oel (November 21st, 2021), Patanawet (November 21st, 2021), vnman (November 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

......As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever. We may not like the rules and restrictions. We may think enough is enough. We may find much of it absurd. That doesn't matter. What does matter is the rules and restrictions are in place and we are expected to comply and obey them.
    One would assume from your position that you abide by ALL LAWS, including Thailand's law against Prostitution which was criminalized in 1960 under the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act 1996 and Article 286 of the Criminal Code.

Do you abide by ALL laws? Or do you allow yourself the privilege of deciding which ones pertain to you, and which ones don't?

If by chance you consider what you're doing to be acceptable (like everyone else) because there's a blind-eye to this in Thailand, wouldn't it be possible that the powers-to-be are turning a blind-eye to certain aspects of this reopening as well? Wouldn't it also be possible that people are willing to take a little health risk when they're out at the bars and clubs, just to be able to feel alive again?

Be open-minded.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    What business is it of yours if people go and have a drink at Soi 2?
    I couldn't care less what you do. Go ahead. And don't even bother taking a face mask with you. That way, if there is another outbreak and the powers-that-be determine it started at bars paying no attention to the rules and enforcing nothing, they'll just refuse to let them reopen. You think they won't?

I'm sorry to see bars doing this and people so selfish, despite knowing how the authorities respond, that they'll just ignore the rules and jeopardize the bars being given permission to reopen. I want to see the bars, all of them throughout Thailand, able to reopen, operate normally - without circumventing rules to do it - and stay that way - and that is my business - and people like you seem to have no problem at all risking spoiling it for everyone else. Enjoy your drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    One would assume from your position that you abide by ALL LAWS, including Thailand's law against Prostitution which was criminalized in 1960 under the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act 1996 and Article 286 of the Criminal Code.
    I'm surprised you would actually try to use an argument that ridiculous.

"You'll have to do better than that."
    -
    Nicol Williamson (Merlin), 'Excalibur'

5. User who gave Like to post:

BenCH (November 22nd, 2021)

Liked

I'm surprised you would actually try to use an argument that ridiculous.
    What is ridiculous about it ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    What is ridiculous about it ?
    In the USA the state of Kentucky has a law still on the books that says if you are driving a car, but encounter a person on horseback, then you have to stop the car on the side of the road and dismantle it.

I don't obey that one either.

A law doesn't matter much unless it is enforced. I don't know what the story is in Bangkok, but I do know if the same thing was going on in Pattaya, as soon as the police find out they would be right there shutting it down and arresting everyone.

If this or any other venue in Bangkok is currently operating within the law and within the rules and so are the customers, then I have no argument about it. If they are not, then they are jeopardizing all the rest of Thailand's bars and entertainment venues being given the green light to reopen and jeopardizing everyone, including you.

The arguments I'm seeing on this topic are not saying they are operating within the rules. The only arguments I'm seeing are people advocating just going ahead and breaking the rules. Maybe you think that's good. I do not.

Liked

As you reserve the right to decide which laws to break yourself, it's only fair that others should decide for themselves which laws they break. Assuming non-consenting third parties are not harmed.
    Some of the covid rules are about as ridiculous as the Kentucky example.

If this or any other venue in Bangkok is currently operating within the law and within the rules and so are the customers, then I have no argument about it. Are they?
    Since you're the one judging them guilty, the onus is on you to check that first.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, applying the "innocent until proven guilty principle. So until proven otherwise, please consider the possibility that they might have obtained a restaurant license. Which would allow them to open legally.
    I also presume mask wearing is not mandatory in restaurants, for obvious reasons. So that wouldn't be a problem either.

Also, I gather they check for proof of vaccination.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    As you reserve the right to decide which laws to break yourself, it's only fair that others should decide for themselves which laws they break.
    I would actually agree with that - as long as they are not harming the chances of all of Thailand's bars being permitted to open in January and as long as they are not potentially causing another Covid outbreak.

You can give them the benefit of the doubt all you want. But you better hope the police do too. The onus is not on me. It's on you as a customer. You're the one who might be arrested if the authorities do decide to stage a raid.

When I see photos of all these people standing right on top of each other, with at least half of them not even bothering to wear the face mask and obviously not there because they want to eat - to me that's not good. Do you think it is good? No problem? Have you ever been to a restaurant in your life operating like that?

Ok everyone. I've said my piece and expressed my opinion. I have nothing more to contribute to this topic. I can see I'm not going to convince any of you and you can see you're not going to convince me. Some of you will be pleased to know I'm done with it.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (November 22nd, 2021), Patanawet (November 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ok everyone. I've said my piece and expressed my opinion. I have nothing more to contribute to this topic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnPS2bzDd0

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 22nd, 2021), vnman (November 22nd, 2021)

Liked

I simply don't get it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    I simply don't get it.
    Sometimes, when people get older, they are alone and they become lonely. Some people will seek company, they go out, they make friends, they feel good, they are able to make friends because they are friendly and nice. Then, there are people who become very bitter, instead of making an effort and try to be happy, they shut in and isolate themselves even more, they start disliking people who have a life, who are happy. They really dislike people who do go outside, happy people, especially outside, are a constant reminder that there is life out there.

There is a song, 'I'm Only Happy When It Rains', it is about this type of person, girl in the song is miserable and she wishes her own miserable existence on everyone else, hoping that if everyone is miserable, she will somehow feel better, she can take comfort knowing that things are fucked for everybody.

I'm only happy when it rains
    I'm only happy when it's complicated
    And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
    Why it feels so good to feel so sad?

Pour your misery down
    Pour your misery down on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBFOJ3R0M4

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 22nd, 2021), Dodger (November 22nd, 2021), francois (November 22nd, 2021), vnman (November 22nd, 2021)