Thread: They say that DJ Station is open

Liked

They say that DJ Station is open

Liked

Re: They say that DJ Station is open

Well let me answer:

F5A5B6C6-9725-4890-9430-D62C5A2BA7BC.jpg

I’ll take some more pics later
    Last edited by Jellybean; November 19th, 2021 at 20:57. Reason: Photo adjusted

3. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 19th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 20th, 2021), dab69 (November 19th, 2021), Dodger (November 20th, 2021), Jellybean (November 19th, 2021), TaoR (November 20th, 2021)

Liked

I have no idea what is going on with that. The entertainment venues are still ordered closed. If DJ Station is open, I hope they found a way to open legally.
    __________________________________________________ _______

Govt explains delay in reopening entertainment venues

19 November, 2021

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has given two reasons for delaying the reopening of entertainment places, and said operators must improve disease control standards.

Apisamai Srirangson, a spokeswoman for the CCSA, admitted on Friday that when the government postponed their reopening from December to Jan 16 the operators of entertainment venues were bitterly disappointed.

One reason for the delay was that the country had not been able to bring the number of new daily Covid-19 cases to below 5,000 and fatalities continued at about 50 a day, she said.

The other reason was the Public Health Ministry and local organisations said the operators of entertainment venues had not registered compliance with the Covid-19 control standard, known as Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration Plus (SHA+), Dr Apisamai said.

The standard was mandatory for reopening, she said.

"Please improve your premises ... Whether reopening will happen or not does not depend on the decision of CCSA, but on the readiness of the premises themselves," Dr Apisamai said.

Covid-19 vaccination of staff of entertainment venues was among the criteria of the SHA+ standard. Details of the standard were available from the Department of Health, she said.

Premises that met the standard would get an SHA+ sign from the Tourism Authority of Thailand. Visitors would look for such signs at entertainment venues, Dr Apisamai said.

Under the CCSA's plan, from Nov 16 to Jan 15 the Interior and Public Health ministries would enforce disease control and ventilation regulations and officials would evaluate the reopening readiness of entertainment places.

From Jan 16 onwards, entertainment places would reopen only in high surveillance, surveillance and tourism pilot zones. Places that cause Covid-19 outbreaks would be closed.

Entertainment venues have been ordered closed since early April after some of them were found to be the centre of Covid-19 outbreaks.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ainment-venues

Liked

Vn DJ.jpg

Well, well, well who would have guessed it? This song was made for you vnman . . .

Hey Thai boy!
    Your eyes are full of hesitation
    Sure makes me wonder
    If you know what you're looking for

Baby
    I wanna keep my reputation
    I'm a sensation
    You try me once, you'll beg for more

Oh, yes sir, I can boogie
    But a I need a certain song
    I can boogie, boogie-boogie
    All night long

And yes sir, I can boogie
    If you stay, you can't go wrong
    All night long . . .
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I have no idea what is going on with that.........
    The same as our conversation over on GayGuides...and the same that's happening all over the world. Governments decree "you must be a resturant to open" so if you own a bar all of a sudden you create a menu which for example has four choices on it - those being 1) A Burger 2) Chips 3) A burger and Chips 4) Chips and a burger....( you're getting the idea here I presume) and you get on with it and should the police call a) you're running a restaurant ( albeit with a shit menu) and or you give them some money to bugger off again.

It really isn't that hard to work out and it backs up my view that not everything in life is as black and white as you seem to see it sometimes or feel it should or must be.

I'm guessing it's maybe the differnce between Americans who seem to like things being black and white so they know where they stand verus the Irish who it seems much prefer to "work the angles" to see where life takes them - which is why SOME of us will be in bars at 4am whereas others will be complaining about the bars all being closed at 9pm and it not being worth even going out! :-)

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 20th, 2021), Mancs (November 20th, 2021), s888pb (November 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    It really isn't that hard to work out and it backs up my view that not everything in life is as black and white as you seem to see it sometimes or feel it should or must be)
    Like I said, I think it is idiotic to go to a foreign country and start intentionally breaking the laws. I obey the rules, not try to circumvent them. I haven't seen the inside of a Thai jail yet and I plan to keep it that way.

I can certainly understand why they bars would be trying to figure out ways they can open, but posting a menu showing a few sandwiches - that seems awfully risky - too risky for me, especially if they are not licensed to sell food. Maybe they'll be able to get away with it, but I don't want to be anywhere near there if they find out the hard way that they can't.

If your idea of a good time is to be in a bar at 4:00am if the law says they are to close by 9:00pm, enjoy it.

Besides, at my age I don't want to be anywhere at 4:00am other than at home sound asleep . . .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Like I said, I think it is idiotic to go to a foreign country and start intentionally breaking the laws. I obey the rules, not try to circumvent them.
    No doubt all the members and board owners are law abiding citizens here and wouldn't dream of ever breaking Thai laws, for instance by hiring a prostitute ? Or riding a motorcycle taxi without a helmet etc.

My hypothesis is that in general, Thai police try to maximize tea money by setting the price at the highest level which does not stop re-offending. Which is what Northern Irish is perhaps alluding to.

However, according to a newspaper report you posted, the farang recently caught in Pattaya were detained overnight and the fines were quite steep. Like over 15,000 baht if I remember correctly.
    This doesn't seem to be following the normal principles, unless of course it's setting a suitable deterrent to ease future collection of tea money ? Or have Pattaya Police hired a different economist ?

Either way, the board is (mostly) populated by adults who can make their own decisions, preferably after understanding the potential consequences. The fine might be more than expected.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

There was a homeware shop not far from me in London that suddenly starting selling baguettes as well when only food shops were allowed to be open during a UK lockdown. Now that the lockdown has gone so have the baguettes.

Rules everywhere are made to be circumvented by those with imagination. Not saying it’s right but an entrepreneurial spirit will usually find a way.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 20th, 2021), Dodger (November 20th, 2021), vnman (November 20th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Rules everywhere are made to be circumvented by those with imagination.
    If a lot of other bars and entertainment venues pick up on DJ Station's idea and start doing the same thing, for some strange reason I don't see Thailand's powers-that-be letting them get away with it very long.

Also, it's kind of hard to circumvent a 9:00pm mandatory closing time.

The solution is so simple - let the bars and entertainment venues reopen normally without imposing all these silly rules. If another outbreak occurs and can be attributed to that, then close them. Thailand is not usually proactive, but if they're going to be proactive, at least do it in a way that makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    for instance by hiring a prostitute
    I knew somebody would try that one.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Vn DJ.jpg

Well, well, well who would have guessed it? This song was made for you vnman . . .

Hey Thai boy!
    Your eyes are full of hesitation
    Sure makes me wonder
    If you know what you're looking for

Baby
    I wanna keep my reputation
    I'm a sensation
    You try me once, you'll beg for more

Oh, yes sir, I can boogie
    But a I need a certain song
    All night long

And yes sir, I can boogie
    If you stay, you can't go wrong
    All night long . . .
    hahaha, As a young boy of 8 to 9 I san that song at the wedding of my uncle. I was as embarrassing as it sounds.