Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Tourist Status

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Current Tourist Status

The article linked below says the PM is happy with the rising tourist numbers. I guess when you're starting from ZERO - there's only one way to go, and that would be up.

40,000 tourist arrivals so far.

Only 52 tested positive for covid upon arrival. That's strange. These people were fully vaccinated. had a covid test 72 hours before boarding the plane, and then test positive when they arrive???

https://pattayaone.news/rising-touri...s-pm-positive/

Liked

Re: Current Tourist Status

Reinfection will continue to take place even after multiple vaccine and booster shots, and the big pharma cartels are raking in billions of profits annually.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Do you believe their numbers? 3 guesses whether I do . . .

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 16th, 2021), Patanawet (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And what happened to the other passengers on the planes in which the infected people travelled? More cases of quarantine, as reported by Richard Barrow?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

And what happened to the other passengers on the planes in which the infected people travelled? More cases of quarantine, as reported by Richard Barrow?
    Good question.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Reinfection will continue to take place even after multiple vaccine and booster shots, and the big pharma cartels are raking in billions of profits annually.
    I'm thankful to the big capitalist pharma companies for developing vaccines.
    It's not like we all have access to vaccines developed by North Korea, Cuba or other communist states.

As for a "cartel", well the Astra Zeneca vaccine is being sold at cost for the duration of the pandemic, so they are not participating in any price fixing. At about £4 a shot, the cost of the vaccine is negligible compared with the value provided, even in countries like Thailand.

Pfizer and Moderna seem to be more greedy, but give it a couple of years and there will be other mRNA vaccines.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 16th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    the Astra Zeneca vaccine is being sold at cost for the duration of the pandemic, so they are not participating in any price fixing. .
    As of last week it seems you may need to rethink re Astra Zeica and them not taking profits .......

AstraZeneca to take profits from Covid vaccine
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59256223

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The article linked below says the PM is happy with the rising tourist numbers. I

l]
    Don’t fall for it.

Must be one of the biggest scams in Thailand's history.

First the PM says Thailand will open 1 November and entertainment will open 1 December. Makes entry easier. Drops quarantine.

Passengers book. Pay for their holidays. All at the last minute (only 6 weeks until Christmas ...4 weeks until high travel time).

Then last week says he is happy with arrival numbers whilst almost simultaneously cancelling all entertainment and keeping bars and gogos etc. closed until after New Year when tourists have returned to their homes.

I wonder what his reaction is going to be in a few weeks when he sees the falling numbers?

RIP Thailand,especially Pattaya.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 17th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    . Then last week says he is happy with arrival numbers whilst almost simultaneously cancelling all entertainment and keeping bars and gogos etc. closed until after New Year when tourists have returned to their homes.

I wonder what his reaction is going to be in a few weeks when he sees the falling numbers?

RIP Thailand,especially Pattaya.
    I agree with your sentiments however, if you can change your destination to Phenom Phen you will find they have done away with most of the bullshit to get in and all bars are open and there are no shortage of boys.
    I, myself would love to go but I refuse to deal with the hassle when I return to Thailand.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...opening-379395
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I agree with your sentiments however, if you can change your destination to Phenom Phen you will find they have done away with most of the bullshit to get in and all bars are open and there are no shortage of boys.
    I, myself would love to go but I refuse to deal with the hassle when I return to Thailand.
    You have the option of staying in Phnom Penh permanently or until Gen Prayut has relaxed the rules.
    Just renew the visa every 12 months.