Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Telephone Pub rebrands as CIRCUS

Liked

Telephone Pub rebrands as CIRCUS

As the world recovers from Covid-19 LGBTQ venues and the Entertainment industry has suffered greatly. Unfortunately, one of the recent victims is the famous Telephone Pub in Silom Soi 4 Bangkok Thailand.

Well known and loved by many over more then 34 years it was unable to reopen after the recent Covid related lockdowns in Thailand. Many of us have very fond memories of Telephone Pub. Some of us meet our friends and partners at this amazing venue. Telephone Pub became possibly one of the most famous in the LGBTQ community and friends.

The team at Pride Management and Pride Bar and Restaurant have now taken over the venue in order to keep the location LGBTQ owned and operated. Unfortunately, as part of that arrangement the name was not able to be continued.

The team at Pride Management who own Pride Bar and Restaurant are already well known for a LGBTQ Resort in Phuket. Most recently Pride Bar and Restaurant in Silom Soi 4 has been very successful and has been a strong support of the local community during the Covid pandemic that has seen many businesses closed.

It was important to reopen as soon as possible to provide the local community with jobs and income so they too can recover from this difficult time. Khun Tai the manager from Telephone Pub will continue as an employee of the venue and we are very grateful for all his support. Past staff of Telephone Pub have now been invited back to work for Pride Management.

While some are devastated by the loss of the name others feel that the time to refresh modernize and attract the next generation of customers has now come.

Pride Management is pleased to announce that the new name has been chosen as “CIRCUS” and will show a fun modern exciting upgrade to this iconic location. The idea to come join the Circus and get away from the troubles from the last few years of this Covid 19 Pandemic and get the show back on the road.

As many of us know change is inevitable. The local community has banded together to do all we can to revitalize and reopen Silom Soi 4 to be ready to welcome back tourists and locals in the coming weeks. With travel now becoming possible again the local community has seen many come back to support the local community and reconnect with friends that we have not seen for too long.

We look forward to welcoming you to “CIRCUS “soon and the grand opening is due sometime in December 2021.

https://pridethailand.com/news/telephonepub

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 11th, 2021), dab69 (November 11th, 2021), Jellybean (November 11th, 2021), Patanawet (November 11th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 12th, 2021), TaoR (November 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Telephone Pub rebrands as CIRCUS

I certainly wish the rebranded bar luck however, I think the value of the brand “Telephone Bar” can’t be underestimated as likely anyone looking at the gay boards has either been to or has heard of “Telephone Bar”.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (November 18th, 2021), christianpfc (November 11th, 2021)

Liked

There's one way to make the "Circus" brand work:
    (Can't find the video on You Tube)
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 11th, 2021), TaoR (November 18th, 2021)

Liked

Telephone Pub was a long time favourite of mine and, when I lived in Thailand, I probably ate and drank there more often than at any other restaurant in Thailand. I'm delighted to read that it has been saved by Pride Management and Pride Bar and Restaurant and wish the new bar and restaurant great success. If it's as good as Telephone Pub, then I hope to become a regular diner whenever I’m able to return to Thailand.

Incidentally, the new rebranded name took me back quite a few years and brought to mind the following lyrics, Oh what a circus! Oh what a show! They were written by Tim Rice and the music in the following video is by Andrew Lloyd Webber and sung by David Essex:

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (January 1st, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

10. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (November 11th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I certainly wish the rebranded bar luck however, I think the value of the brand “Telephone Bar” can’t be underestimated as likely anyone looking at the gay boards has either been to or has heard of “Telephone Bar”.
    My best guess is that it's an allusion to Piccadilly Circus which in its heyday was full of rent boys

Nobody I know will be saying "I'm going to the Circus tonight" we'll all continue to say "See you at Telephone"

Liked

13. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    There's one way to make the "Circus" brand work:
    (Can't find the video on You Tube)
    such performances are quite popular in gay clubs in Russia

nickbeyeler_performance205.jpg

Romain-Cabon-1.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

15. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 18th, 2021), francois (January 1st, 2022), goji (November 11th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 12th, 2021), TaoR (November 18th, 2021)

Liked

Three new photos and a short announcement from the new bar’s facebook page:
    Circus Theater Restaurant coming December 2021 to Silom Soi 4 Bangkok Thailand..
    Cir01.jpg

Cir02.jpg

Cir03.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

17. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 10th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Three new photos and a short announcement from the new bar’s facebook page:
    A "theatre restaurant"? We can enjoy a meal while a naked boy waves his lunch in our face?