List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bars & GoGo’s Could Stay Closed Till After New Years!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Bars & GoGo’s Could Stay Closed Till After New Years!

https://bangkokherald.com/living/ent...posal-to-ccsa/

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Friday will consider a proposal to keep Thailand’s bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues closed thrugh the new year, with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha admonishing operators not to be “selfish”.

Thai media reported today that at the weekly Cabinet meeting, ministers discussed the idea of keeping entertainment businesses, including karaoke clubs and soapy massage parlors, shuttered until 2022 in order to prevent another major coronavirus outbreak over the holidays.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Bars & GoGo’s Could Stay Closed Till After New Years!

"prime minister Prayut Chan-o-cha admonishing operators not to be selfish."

You must be kidding me! How selfish is it to want to make a living?

Liked

Just for comparison purposes:
    1 England allowed pubs and bars to open for outdoor serving in April. Admittedly bollock freezing cold weather would cap demand at that time of year.

2 England allowed full unrestricted opening of pubs and bars on July 19th, at a point where in the UK as a whole, 82.6 million doses of vaccine had been delivered. I suspect the vast majority of the UK population would support this.

Thailand will probably reach the same 82.6 million doses today or tomorrow (reported one day later).

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My daughter, who's only been to Thailand once, said to me last week..."Dad, just looking at the U Tube feeds it's obvious that nothings going to be open until after the holidays anyway - so I'll hold off on my next visit until March."

So much common sense. She must have inherited that from her mom.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 11th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Nightlife expected to begin Jan.16. https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/ban...reopen-jan-16/
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wonder what hoops the bars will have to jump through to comply with the CCSA assessment criteria (whatever that is).

I also how it will effect the Cambodian and Laotian working boys. If the CCSA requires bar staff to be vaccinated this could present a real challenge.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Thailand will probably reach the same 82.6 million doses today or tomorrow (reported one day later).
    I guess that only matters if the Thai authorities ACTUALLY believe their own vaccination numbers AND believe that the Sinovac? vaccine they gave out ACTUALLY works to the level they expected AND that they believe their hospitals can with stand any surge in cases if either of their above calculations are / were wrong perhaps !?

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 12th, 2021), Dodger (November 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wouldn't be surprised if entry s reserved for vaccinated punters and steps taken to enable tracing if there's an outbreak.

I recall a hi-so bar in Bangkok being adjudged responsible for a serious cluster a few months ago. Or was it last year?

Will staff be required to be vaccinated? And I wonder if offing will be as straightforward as it once was. I suspect many of those who wish to take someone to a hotel may wish to know of their potential partner's status..

Liked

I know loads of people that have had 4 shots (sinovac and AZ, sinopharm X 2) as part of 2 unconnected and not computerised Vaccination schemes. So I would imagine that the actual number of people Vaccinated is far lower than reported.

As far as the Cambodian and Laos bar workers, seems from FB posts that the majority of those that I know bin Pattaya seem to have been done, and got the western vaccines

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 12th, 2021), goji (November 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

While Im guessing many faring may feel a bit devastated if bars dont open on time for Christmas, do perhaps remember that aside from it losing them income the average Thai person could care less about celebrating "Christmas" as it's a total non event to them anyway,

Also if we then were gutted about missing out on the actual twinkly lights of the festive season I guess we can also console ourselves in our knowing that there are still plenty of Thai bars dotted about that we can enter say in June or July and still see a Christmas tree up in the corner and Christmas music being played on the music system complete some cute guy shouting Merry Kissmasssss to us on arrival.

As to why it works and faring tend to give them money at the end of December they have NO idea of course but as they certainly connected that "Christmas cheer" means they may get some money out of us - , but they just KNOW it WORKS so it's worth a shot - so all is not lost after all it seems so Happy Christmas to one and all - in June to come !:-))