Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambiance open in December?

Liked

Ambiance open in December?

I have been lurking on this forum for years and it has been a great help for my visits to Bangkok and Pattaya. Now I am preparing for a three week trip to Thailand. Got everything prepared and have my fingers crossed for the PCR test before departure. For Pattaya I made a booking at the ambiance, I read somewhere that they are closed and indeed they are not responding to my emails or phone calls. Does any of your fine gentleman here know if they are open currently or will be in December?

Liked

Re: Ambiance open in December?

I have a friend in the USA who is planning to go to Pattaya in late December and he too wants to stay at the Ambiance. He also is getting no response to his Emails.

I have tried several times to call the Ambiance and I too get no answer. I have not been around Boystown to personally check, but since literally everything in Boystown is currently closed, I am guessing the Ambiance is also closed. There really is no reason for them to be open right now and nobody is going to stay in Boystown with everything closed.

I have no information yet whether the Ambiance will be open in December. If I am able to get any reliable information, I will post. In the meantime, I suggest considering a "Plan B". Part of the problem is we just don't know yet what will and will not be open in December. Don't forget, can open is a far cry from will open.

Liked: 1

This video walk through of Boyztown yesterday looks pretty grim. Ambience doesn't show any signs of life right now.
    https://youtu.be/wJX7IXPr5yg?t=1630

4. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 7th, 2021)

Liked

Thanks for this confirmation of them most likely being closed at the moment. I will work on a plan B. Always fancied the Baraquda but they don’t seem to be fully opened too. Any suggestions for a viable plan B are most appreciated!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think most people have migrated from Boyztown to Jomtien now

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Salona View Post

Thanks for this confirmation of them most likely being closed at the moment. I will work on a plan B. Always fancied the Baraquda but they don’t seem to be fully opened too. Any suggestions for a viable plan B are most appreciated!
    As you already know, the sidewalks are rolled up right now in Boyztown. Ambience closed back in Sept. According to a reliable source they may reopen sometime in the 1stQ 2022, but that of course remains to be seen.

You may want to consider Mosaic in the Soi Day/Night area, or The Agate Hotel or Venue in Jomtien Complex. All are gay friendly with no joiner fees.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For gay life, go to Jomtien. It's the last outpost in Pattaya. I believe Zing may be open now.

Liked

Thanks for all the friendly advice. It’s going to be interesting to see what Pattaya is like and if I will enjoy it as much while the bars most likely are closed. Rarely ever did I use the apps so this will be my maiden voyage into that area, luckily this forum is rife with suggestions how to handle that.
    As for location I have chosen the Baan Souy, they were quick to reply to questions and are nicely halfway between the boyztown/sunee area and Jomtien.
    I hope like me some other forum members might start up going to Thailand again so that we can switch from somber musings about what was to new riveting trip reports with hopefully some juicy details!

Liked

What the Ambiance should have done was to set up an auto-response to Emails and telephone calls with a message to the effect of "The Ambiance is currently closed. Please check back with us in December" or something similar. Obviously, for whatever reason, they didn't.

Liked

Baan Souy is an excellent choice, easy to get to even a pleasant walk down to Jomtien and also the beach via Pattaya Park, the rooms, facilities and not forgetting the fantastic hospitality from Jim and his team way exceeded the Ambiance in my opinion, I hope to return there very soon. Hopefully as bars become allowed to re open Boystown will gently move back in to some form of life but probably not as many off us fondly recall however in turn as demand then flights start up again we will all gain confidence to return (and I simply cant wait!)

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 8th, 2021)