Forum's veteran
    Liked

Chonburi Immigration Closed Nov 5 - 10

2. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Chonburi Immigration Closed Nov 5 - 10

The indoor wet market on Pattaya Tai across from Wat Chai has also been closed and is totally cleared out because of the spread of Covid.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Immigration, Tukcom, the wet market across from Wat Chai all tainted with Covid doesn’t bode well for the governor to change the restrictions anytime soon. I get why the bars and Gogos remain closed but I still can’t figure why alcoholic beverages are banned from Pattaya restaurants?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

How often do Tourists visit Immigration (once?) ...Tukcom (once and only ever once!) ....the Wet Market (never).
    Now often do Thais visit Immigration (never?).......Tukcom (rarely, if ever)...the wet market (maybe sometimes).

Should have minimal effect on removing restrictions, but TiT.

Liked

I frequently visit TukCom; the Wet Market; see many Thais at TukCom; and the Wet Market is busy with Thais; however I never visit Immigration. All depends on where you live and your visa classification such as short time or long term (retirement).

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ]I still can’t figure why alcoholic beverages are banned from Pattaya restaurants?
    Not that I have any experience of this but I have heard that amounts of alcohol can loosen inhibitions and lose to loss of self control. Which might lead to forgetting Covid precautions.

Restrictions on alcohol consumption have been a part of many countries covid protocols.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 7th, 2021), Manforallseasons (November 7th, 2021), vnman (November 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

Immigration, Tukcom, the wet market across from Wat Chai all tainted with Covid doesn’t bode well for the governor to change the restrictions anytime soon. I get why the bars and Gogos remain closed but I still can’t figure why alcoholic beverages are banned from Pattaya restaurants?
    Right or wrong, the reason for this (which was published somewhere a month or so ago) is because the Ministers and/or CCSA felt that alcohol consumption could cause some to forget about the covid safety protocols (gee, I wonder why) and start violating rules. If bars are closed, and restaurants are the only place where people can drink, they could soon become clusters of drunks which nobody wants.

They're right on the money as far as I'm concerned.

Just look at what's happening now, even with the alcohol bans in place.

It appears there's been a covid outbreak in Pattaya but there's no mention of it in the news (that I can see), with the exception of these stand-alone releases about Tukcom, Immigration, and Wat Chai Market closures.

I wonder what's keeping them from releasing the full story (tongue in cheek)?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    alcohol consumption could cause some to forget about the covid safety protocols (gee, I wonder why) and start violating rules.
    I see that as absurd reasoning. By that reasoning you might as well ban driving cars because that could cause some to forget safety protocols and provoke road rage incidents.

Instead of assuming what alcohol consumption in restaurants could cause, how about giving it a probationary try for a week and see what it does cause. If all is well, let the restaurants continue serving alcohol. If what they fear really does happen, which personally I doubt, then the alcohol ban goes right back into effect.

I really get annoyed at punishing everybody for what they believe a few might do - and nobody even has done.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

Instead of assuming what alcohol consumption in restaurants could cause, how about giving it a probationary try for a week and see what it does cause. If all is well, let the restaurants continue serving alcohol. If what they fear really does happen, which personally I doubt, then the alcohol ban goes right back into effect.
    Would you suggest they do this test during, or after the apparent outbreak Pattaya is faced with right now?

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

Restrictions on alcohol consumption have been a part of many countries covid protocols.
    Apparently so, and the article below explains some of the rationale for this:

https://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/pol...tion-53890024/