Liked

Re: Chonburi Immigration Closed Nov 5 - 10

….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If you don't agree with that logic, and apparently you don't, that's your prerogative.
    It's true. I don't agree. And since their plan is to start allowing liquor to be served about 3 weeks from the time of this post, what will have changed between then and now?

If you truly believe serving alcohol in Pattaya restaurants would spread Covid, then by that logic it would make sense to prohibit alcohol in December, January, February, and ad infinitum until Covid is history. I'm sorry, but I think it is wrong to continue preventing people from enjoying their meals, enjoying their evenings, and preventing all these venues from making money out of fear of something that might happen, but without any evidence to support the idea that it will.

I think the Covid case numbers have been reduced enough that it is no longer necessary to stop living. As I said, if a surge in cases really does happen due to serving alcohol, they can always reinstate prohibiting alcohol. I also believe Thais will act sensibly. They all are still wearing the masks, checking their temperatures when entering venues, cleaning their hands with disinfectant, and stepping up on the rare occasions when they see anyone violating the precautions. I see no reason to assume their behavior will change and the whole town will go on a drinking rampage once the ban is lifted.

Again, if anyone, including the CCSA, has any evidence that allowing the restaurants to serve alcohol will in any way cause a surge in Covid cases, I'd like to know what it is. Don't forget, when the restaurant owners recently met with the powers-that-be, they were told the ban will remain in effect, but they were not told any reasons why.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Is that so? Disagreeing with you means I'm not getting it? Ok. Now I understand. In order to get it, I have to agree with you.
    Is there not enough capacity for your belligerence on your own forum? Or do you have to troll around the gay forums reminding us of all the things you don't get!

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oel (November 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm sorry, but I think it is wrong to continue preventing people from enjoying their meals, enjoying their evenings, and preventing all these venues from making money out of fear of something that might happen, but without any evidence to support the idea that it will.
    This isn't Kansas Dorothy.

I know you don't get it, but this is the way the cookie crumbles here in the Land of Oz.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Is there not enough capacity for your belligerence on your own forum? Or do you have to troll around the gay forums reminding us of all the things you don't get!
    Sawatdee welcomes all users who follows our posting rules.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

do you have to troll around the gay forums reminding us of all the things you don't get!
    Obviously I have to troll around. Dodger and I are having a nice, friendly "purses at dawn" debate. Three guesses about how much I care whether you like it or not.

Of course, you are welcome to join in and tell me all about what I don't get. I hope you do. That way I'll have something to add to my "I Don't Get It" list . . .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just a reminder for those who may have forgotten: Chonburi Immigration will be closed until Nov 11.

Something about covid cases. Go figure!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Of course, you are welcome to join in and tell me all about what I don't get.
    No assistance required with that!

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 9th, 2021), Oel (November 9th, 2021)

Liked

No assistance required with that!
    Heyyyy, that's a good one, Brad. You sure told me.