Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Liked

Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I included both the vaccine certificates and the NHS QR code.
    I have a g-mail address.
    No Thai Pass after almost 3 days.

They do advise people to apply at least 7 days in advance.
    Obviously I'm not traveling until later in the month, so plenty of time for it to arrive yet.

There are some people who missed flights. Which seems rather unnecessary, since the obvious thing to do for anyone traveling in the first week of November would be to apply for a COE back in October.
    Silly me! I'm trying to find a pattern when it comes to processing times. You know, some simple logic. But it could be a great many of things. For example insurance, the QR code, country of residence or just how the wind is blowing.

I agree that it is weird that people missed their flight under the Thailand pass scheme. Didn't that website go online on the first of November? So yeah, you wouldn't expect any travellers before 7 working days. I thought that was weird anyway. They allow people to enter under those conditions on the first of November but don't give an option to get a certificate before that date.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

If I didn’t live here there would be no fucking way I’de jump through these hoops I would simply wait till the storm clouds pass.
    I'm tempted to say the same thing myself - but I'd be lying.

If I had to go 18 months without having a naked brown boy laying next to me in bed - I'd be jumping through so many hoops you'd think I was the hula hoop champion of the western hemisphere.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (November 6th, 2021), vnman (November 6th, 2021)

Liked

So far, the hoops are pretty easy compared with last year.

1 The Visa was an e-visa, so no posting of passports.

2 My airline provided insurance with the flight ticket

3 I booked my one night quarantine on Agoda. Last year I must have e-mailed about 50 hotels, in order to find one that had fair cancellation terms AND provided suitable food.

4 When I need to book an RT-PCR test in the UK, there are more providers than last year. Although, it is necessary to select one with good customer reviews.

The only backward step is replacing the COE with the Thai Pass. Plenty of time to receive it though.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 10th, 2021), vnman (November 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The official response was that these codes are/were sent out in order of booked flites-so the lucky ones to have got them in a sec with a flite just 2-3 weeks later were-well, lucky. I´ve seen on another general forum indeed postings that people got their QR just in time to still make their booked flite.
    In general it seems to me that this Th-pass is easier and has a bit less burocratic annoying requirements as that CoE system

Liked

I am American..all I have is a government CDC card showing I received 2 vaccinations, type, & date,..I can only assume I take a photo of
    this and paste it when applying for the Thailand pass....all confusing for me..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post

I am American..all I have is a government CDC card showing I received 2 vaccinations, type, & date,..I can only assume I take a photo of
    this and paste it when applying for the Thailand pass....all confusing for me..
    qr.png

Don't you have a code like this? I got one of these for each shot that I received.

Liked

A quick question for you, goji on the QR code. My Covid-19 vaccination status letter was issued by NHS Scotland (see copy below), and is probably different from yours issued by NHS England. There is a small QR code, but I’m guessing that relates to my address and not my Covid status. I do however have a vaccine status app (vaccine passport?) on my mobile phone which shows the QR code, but a screenshot cannot be taken for security reasons. Any idea how I would upload the QR code on my mobile phone to the application form?

Covid status.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Jellybean,
    1 My vaccine certificate is almost identical to yours, except it has a bar code at the very top AND the normal NHS logo, not the Scottish one.

2 To get the QR codes, you need the NHS app. Not the malware that we were using to check into venues, but there is a separate App that has health records, appointments and so on. You can get proof of vaccination in there. You can also download a pdf with 2 QR codes in it. Which can easily be converted to jpegs via snipping, screenshots or whatever.

This has not expedited my application.
    I used the QR codes and do not have a Thai Pass.
    Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately.

I'm still watching out for evidence of the NHS QR code fixing anyone's problem. I've seen comments where it has helped citizens from other countries.

Incidentally, with many QR codes, the QR reader on my phone takes me to a website with some useful information on it. The NHS QR codes just give me a very long string of text and numbers.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (November 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately.

They know who they want to visit them!!!

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (November 7th, 2021), Jellybean (November 7th, 2021)

Liked

Jellybean,
    1 My vaccine certificate is almost identical to yours, except it has a bar code at the very top AND the normal NHS logo, not the Scottish one.

2 To get the QR codes, you need the NHS app. Not the malware that we were using to check into venues, but there is a separate App that has health records, appointments and so on. You can get proof of vaccination in there. You can also download a pdf with 2 QR codes in it. Which can easily be converted to jpegs via snipping, screenshots or whatever.

Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately . . .
    Thanks goji. As far as I am aware we have only two NHS apps in Scotland, the first is the test and trace app, the second is the Covid Status app (see photos shown below). On the latter, after gaining access using a PIN, it shows two options, the first is “Inside Scotland” and shows the QR code. The second option is, “International Travel” and it shows all the information shown in my Covid-19 vaccination status letter, which I posted earlier. As with the QR code, a screenshot cannot be taken due to “security policy” and I cannot see any options which would enable me to download the information.

But I fear we have two different systems operating in the UK, possibly even more, and cannot see a way to get the QR code on to the application form. I’ll just have to cross my fingers and hope that, like gerefan2, by not using the QR code and attaching a copy of my Covid vaccination status letter, I too get my application accepted immediately, i.e. if and when I decide to apply.

Now, what are the chances that the Thai government will realise that their system is unnecessarily complicated and adopt a far simpler system if they want to encourage mass tourism? And, for the avoidance of doubt, let me say, that was a rhetorical question, I don’t expect anyone to reply after they’ve stopped falling about laughing.

NHS01.jpg
    Test and trace app.

NHS02.jpg
    Covid Status app

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    They know who they want to visit them!!!
    Great reply gerefan2, it made me laugh out loud.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases