Thread: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

EXCELLENT!

I just forwarded this to my daughter who's visiting Thailand in March. It saves me a ton of work trying to explain all of this to her.

Much appreciated.

Liked

Seriously, If I would have seen this video before booking, I might not have gone through with it :-) When you listen to him explaining, it sounds very complicated. He explained it very well but it is not that difficult.

Like I stated before, if you find a hotel you like, try to book it directly with them. It seems that that process is much faster. I think that people who have done it this way can confirm. I booked via https://asq.in.th/ and that payment process is not as straightforward. Again, find your hotel on that website and then try to book directly with the hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

An item from a Youtube report suggests that the only email address that the Pass accepts is g mail. Is this true? Or was it another glitch, now rectified? Sounds odd to me.

Liked

Can anyone who has received their pass tell me how long it took to be issued? I applied on Monday morning and immediately received an email stating:

“ Thailand Pass system has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.”

It is now Saturday and pass not yet received but seven working days would go up to Wednesday next week.

Liked

Some get the pass instantly. Others get it after about 5 working days.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

If I didn’t live here there would be no fucking way I’de jump through these hoops I would simply wait till the storm clouds pass. My friend who wants to come this month is now considering waiting a bit longer, which under the circumstances I believe is the smart thing to do.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (November 6th, 2021), dinagam (November 6th, 2021), jimnbkk (November 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    An item from a Youtube report suggests that the only email address that the Pass accepts is g mail. Is this true? Or was it another glitch, now rectified? Sounds odd to me.
    I have a yahoo email address and my Thai Pass came through in seconds.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 7th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Can anyone who has received their pass tell me how long it took to be issued? I applied on Monday morning and immediately received an email stating:

“ Thailand Pass system has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.”

It is now Saturday and pass not yet received but seven working days would go up to Wednesday next week.
    Just like Gerefan, I got both emails after a few seconds, and I used Gmail...if that matters.

But let me ask you, did you also upload the QR code of your vaccine certificate? I ask this because it is optional and it said something about speeding up the process.

Liked

I included both the vaccine certificates and the NHS QR code.
    I have a g-mail address.
    No Thai Pass after almost 3 days.

They do advise people to apply at least 7 days in advance.
    Obviously I'm not traveling until later in the month, so plenty of time for it to arrive yet.

There are some people who missed flights. Which seems rather unnecessary, since the obvious thing to do for anyone traveling in the first week of November would be to apply for a COE back in October.