Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
Jellybean,
1 My vaccine certificate is almost identical to yours, except it has a bar code at the very top AND the normal NHS logo, not the Scottish one.

2 To get the QR codes, you need the NHS app. Not the malware that we were using to check into venues, but there is a separate App that has health records, appointments and so on. You can get proof of vaccination in there. You can also download a pdf with 2 QR codes in it. Which can easily be converted to jpegs via snipping, screenshots or whatever.

This has not expedited my application.
I used the QR codes and do not have a Thai Pass.
Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately . . .
Thanks goji. As far as I am aware we have only two NHS apps in Scotland, the first is the test and trace app, the second is the Covid Status app (see photos shown below). On the latter, after gaining access using a PIN, it shows two options, the first is “Inside Scotland” and shows the QR code. The second option is, “International Travel” and it shows all the information shown in my Covid-19 vaccination status letter, which I posted earlier. As with the QR code, a screenshot cannot be taken due to “security policy” and I cannot see any options which would enable me to download the information.

But I fear we have two different systems operating in the UK, possibly even more, and cannot see a way to get the QR code on to the application form. I’ll just have to cross my fingers and hope that, like gerefan2, by not using the QR code and attaching a copy of my Covid vaccination status letter, I too get my application accepted immediately, i.e. if and when I decide to apply.

Now, what are the chances that the Thai government will realise that their system is unnecessarily complicated and adopt a far simpler system if they want to encourage mass tourism? And, for the avoidance of doubt, let me say, that was a rhetorical question, I don’t expect anyone to reply after they’ve stopped falling about laughing.

NHS01.jpg
Test and trace app.

NHS02.jpg
Covid Status app

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
They know who they want to visit them!!!
Great reply gerefan2, it made me laugh out loud.