Thread: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Liked

Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

This is the message from the hotel I booked:

After obtaining a confirmation letter – “SUBMIT LATER”
    Please send us the following documents:
    Vaccination certificate
    Flight details
    Negative Covid-19 test result (issued no more than 72 hours prior to flight departure)
    A Medical insurance document covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19 with an amount of at least USD 50,000 (for non-Thai nationality)

Still waiting for the confirmation letter (3 days and counting).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post

Still waiting for the confirmation letter (3 days and counting).
    Suggestion:

Send them a message saying you need the confirmation within the next 24 hours or you'll be forced to cancel the reservation.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I haven't yet received notification of what I need to send but the negative test result is a bizarre request bearing in mind that, without one, you wouldn't be allowed into Thailand in the first place.

Does it mean that the other information will have to wait until a couple of days before you leave?

I looked at a number of other hotels and the test was not mentioned as a requirement.

If my chosen hotel requests this of me, I shall change my reservation; I hate leavings things to the last moment.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

If my chosen hotel requests this of me, I shall change my reservation; I hate leavings things to the last moment.
    How would you produce a COVID test? You would need to take two separate tests, because you will not be able to do everything within 72 hours.

This is what I needed. Logic says that it should be enough.

hotel req.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I looked at a number of other hotels and the test was not mentioned as a requirement.

This is what my quarantine hotel requested back in 2020 (below). The list seems shorter in 2021.

1. Copy of passport
    4. COE (Certificate of Entry which issue by Thai Embassy from your country)
    5. Work permit/Visa (Non-O/B Visa/Married Visa/Student Visa)
    6. Personal Insurance (Needed **Important)
    7. Flight detail
    8. Covid-19 test and Fit to Fly – Able to be provided later once receive (Needed)
    9. Guest’s contact number
    11. Credit Card Authorization form

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    How would you produce a COVID test? You would need to take two separate tests, because you will not be able to do everything within 72 hours.
    You take one covid test and receive the result within 72 hours of your departure flight. Within that 72 hours, you find 30 seconds to e-mail it on to the hotel. Easy.
    Note the requirement is that the test result is ISSUED 72 hours before the first flight. The test itself can be more than 72 hours.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    You take one covid test and receive the result within 72 hours of your departure flight. Within that 72 hours, you find 30 seconds to e-mail it on to the hotel. Easy.
    Note the requirement is that the test result is ISSUED 72 hours before the first flight. The test itself can be more than 72 hours.
    Yes, but that is not what they are discussing. At least, as I understand, the hotel wants a COVID test before sending the booking confirmation.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Yes, but that is not what they are discussing. At least, as I understand, the hotel wants a COVID test before sending the booking confirmation.
    That's almost certainly a translation issue.
    Any hotel that's been doing quarantine for a while knows the covid test result has to be within 72 hours of the first flight and that's what they expect.

8. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 11th, 2021)

Liked

This wanting the covid test results to get hotel booking is all a bunch of CRAP....if so they are making everything just too damn complicated....

Liked

I can share my own experience for information purposes.

I booked into a budget SHA+ hotel in Jomtien for my Test & Go for my holiday which begins at the start of December.
    The cost is 4,650 baht including one night's accommodation, airport transfer and PCR test.
    The only hitch I encountered was waiting for the letter of confirmation from the hotel which took about three days.
    The hotel required my vaccination certificate, passport and flight confirmation only.

I bought Covid insurance through AXA Thailand. It cost 4,160 baht for the 50,000 USD cover version. It is for a duration of 2 months.
    The insurance certificate was issued immediately.

I applied for the Thailand Pass yesterday. I did this through my mobile phone. There were more form pages to fill in than I had expected and it would have been easier if I had used a laptop tbh.
    However, the phone was handy for quickly converting the PDFs of the documents to JPEG format, as was required. I just took screenshots of the PDFs on the phone and uploaded them directly.
    I included the QR code of the vaccine cert as an extra upload, which was an available option.

The Thailand Pass arrived by email more or less immediately, the TP Elves were working very hard I guess.
    I hope this is of some help.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 12th, 2021), Jellybean (November 11th, 2021), Smiles (November 11th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 12th, 2021)

Liked

if the original video post was "all you needed to know" why do we have almost 40 posts in response here?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!