Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Liked

Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    if the original video post was "all you needed to know" why do we have almost 40 posts in response here?
    Maybe because different people have different experience. Should come as no surprise

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
    Maybe because different people have different experience. Should come as no surprise
    so "all you need to know" is actually "all you need to know if your circumstances are exactly the same as mine"?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    so "all you need to know" is actually "all you need to know if your circumstances are exactly the same as mine"?
    There's a difference between "all you need to know" and "all you would like to know".
    All you need to know is the bare minimum to apply and that can actually be found out on the Thai Pass website. Or the video.

Since people like to know more than the minimum, we have further discussion in the first 39 or so posts in this thread. This was mostly constructive input until you joined in looking for an pointless argument at post 40.

Now if you have something useful to contribute regarding the Thai Pass, please add it.
    On the other hand, if you don't like the topic, just give it a miss.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just read that there is even some learning being done at the ministry where they all organise it. What is definite is that already some pint have been rectified: the vaccien that needs just 1 dose, separate dep. and arrival days as so many planes arrive a day later. Its also soon possible to log in and check your status and changes in flites for just a few days can be put in without making it all new.
    They say/promise to even look into scrapping the test before dep (though the airline still may want to see it) and replace the test after arrival for a short do-it-yourself quick test at airport, so you could even be released without the 1 day prisonship. But do not hold your breath for this and wait till its definite-probably with a few new twists, as TITs
    Up to now nearly all reports Ive seen from people landing in TH/BKK were those for VFR=Visiting Friends and Relatives.
    More annoying if not frightful are however reports of people:
    who were in a family and tested postive but the others not-this leads to imprisonment in a hospital at your own cost
    testing negative but they found a positive one in a taxi/bus or even on your plane-this leads to imprisonment in the booked HTL as before with the quarantine
    NO idea how frequent these cases are
    Still I get the idea more and more that the socalled false positives are even also false negatives in testing are much more as in other medical test cases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Following today’s announcement that bars and entertainment will remain closed for the New Year holiday there should be no problem getting a Thai Pass as, in one stroke, they have just reduced demand to Zero.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 13th, 2021)

Liked

Allow me a short comment on the "ALL you need to know":

I booked the mandatory quarantine hotel through asq.in.th as advised – it took me six days to receive the conformation needed for the Thailand Pass application.
    A friend of mine did his booking through Agoda – and got an instant conformation.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Following today’s announcement that bars and entertainment will remain closed for the New Year holiday there should be no problem getting a Thai Pass as, in one stroke, they have just reduced demand to Zero.
    Did you see the youtube on the current situation in Sri Bangla, Patong? Not suggesting that you want to go to Soi Bangla per se, but it does suggest that at least for open air bars in Phuket restrictions are not being strictly adhered to. Equally a Thai friend who went back via Phuket Test and Go, was posting photographs on facebook of him being on the beach on his first day back!