Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are not a gay hotel anymore

Liked

Re: We are not a gay hotel anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Sorry, and I didn't mean to sound so gruff either.

I have to assume you'd enjoy your stay at Tartawan, and, as you know, the location can't be beat.

I switched from Tartawan to Pinnacle for my infrequent short stays in BKK which I really like. The buffet breakfast there is tops...sky train within walking distance...and great staff (gay friendly).

Enjoy your visit wherever you end up hanging your hat.
    haha, it's an internal struggle, but the location is hard to beat as MFAS says. W hotel has a great 2+2 offer and I wouldn't mind going premium for a week. I still have a couple of days to decide.

Is there another Pinnacle than the one near Lumpini? As I remember the nearest Skytrain is Sala Deang.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post

Is there another Pinnacle than the one near Lumpini? As I remember the nearest Skytrain is Sala Deang.
    That's the only Pinnacle I know of in Bangkok. The sky train (don't know the station name), is a short 5 minute walk from Pinnacle.

Liked

Nearest to Pinnacle is the underground station.
    The nearest skytrain station is Sala Daeng on Silom road.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I guess that was a lesson learned. :-) But that place is good value for money, is it not?
    In the covid era, there are plenty of good hotels with large discounts. When I returned to Bangkok later in that trip, I stayed at The Quarter Silom which was discounted all the way down to 500 baht (at the time).
    New rooms, comfy bed, superb shower, large Android LCD TV, swimming pool and gym.
    Only downside was compact rooms.
    Guests can enter without going past reception, however I sent the first one through reception just to test & confirm policy.
    Vastly superior to The Tarntawan.

Whilst The Quarter might not be discounted so far at present, there are other good deals around.
    Also, when getting up the room options, for some hotels, the better rooms are currently offered at the same price as the basic ones. So do scroll down the page before selecting one.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 5th, 2021), vnman (November 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wouldn't read to much into the hotels statement as I doubt it means they're "anti" gay, just merely are "open for everyone".

The hotel actually stopped becoming gay focused quite a while ago and on my last two stays there were noticeably more straight people in the foyer, BUT it's Thailand so it's not like the hotel care who you're bringing to your room and unless you were thinking of indulging in a spot of fisting at the breakfast buffet ( which wouldn't have been acceptable even when it was gay of course) I cant see how it makes any difference to ones stay.

I'll happily stay there again and walk through reception with my boy de jour and I doubt they or I will care as to whether they call themselves a "gay" hotel or not.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 4th, 2021), vnman (November 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post

Nearest to Pinnacle is the underground station.
    The nearest skytrain station is Sala Daeng on Silom road.
    Oh shit, you're right.

I walked down the stairs - not up...LOL.

Liked

From their website:

friendly.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I'm curious. If occupancy was low, did they at least explain why they wouldn't let you into your room right away, especially since they had already take your money? And 10:00am is certainly not an unreasonable check-in time.
    It might be that the room was occupied the night before and room service hasn't cleaned it yet. I experienced or heard such thing once.

In my vast experience (I must have stayed at over 100 hotels all over Thailand), early check in (as early as 7 or 8 am coming by night train or bus) has never been a problem. But late check-out, be it just 1 or 2 pm, has always been like pulling teeth.

The smaller the hotel (low or middle class in my case), the easier the dealings. Record is 3 seconds for handing over the money and receiving the key, no name or other information exchanged. Whereas as the bigger or upscale hotels can take minutes to fill out forms and copy passport.

11. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 5th, 2021)