Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I am bored and diving in!

Liked

Re: I am bored and diving in!

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Somewhere else it was mentioned that hotels on Agoda offer SHA packages. That would eliminate having to deal with the hotel (problems as in OP) but would that be accepted for Thailand Pass?
    There are AQ hotels in Bangkok offering one night quarantine packages.
    My hotel told me the Agoda booking confirmation is accepted for the Thai Pass.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post

Also, I advise everyone to check the refund policy of the hotels before booking. Many give you a refund if you don't succeed in getting a Thailand Pass, but some don't.
    Good point.

I booked my 1 night quarantine directly with the hotel and carefully read the small print. It said no refunds, cancellation or amendments.

However when I got the email confirmation there is a box which you can click to change the booking date, make changes etc.

TiT!

Liked

Does anyone know how far in advance you can apply for the TP?
    I won't be travelling until late December, but would prefer to have an approved TP in hand before booking my flights.

Incidentally I am finding that the available flight inventory to Thailand around Dec 27-29 is pretty poor. Unless you are prepared to travel on KLM with their prototype B777 from 1994 or on Luftwaffe in their A340 which should also have been canned years ago

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (November 5th, 2021), vnman (November 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Incidentally I am finding that the available flight inventory to Thailand around Dec 27-29 is pretty poor. Unless you are prepared to travel on KLM with their prototype B777 from 1994 or on Luftwaffe in their A340 which should also have been canned years ago
    Alternatively fly with the Taliban ?

Travel pass applications can go in several weeks in advance. At least 3 weeks, probably more.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Does anyone know how far in advance you can apply for the TP?
    I won't be travelling until late December, but would prefer to have an approved TP in hand before booking my flights.
    I would say that you have to go (and maybe leave the country again) within 3 months. As you can see in the screenshot of a previous post, that's how long the certificate is good for. But that is logic speaking and not the Thai authorities.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I've seen that too, but no idea how to book it on Agoda. When I tried, I got quoted a normal room rate and not a package. I know that there are other hotels with much easier processes directly via their website, but I really wanted this specific hotel.

The package that you are talking about is called "test&go," and it is especially for the Thailand Pass. I would be shocked if it's not going to be accepted.

Also, I advise everyone to check the refund policy of the hotels before booking. Many give you a refund if you don't succeed in getting a Thailand Pass, but some don't.
    Which do you think is better, dealing directly with a hotel, or going thru Agoda or other booking sites???

Liked

Search for a hotel in Bangkok on your preferred date.
    Select quarantine hotels in the filter drop down.
    Make sure you look at quarantine offers.

Prices seem to be increased from when I booked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 5th, 2021), Jellybean (November 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Which do you think is better, dealing directly with a hotel, or going thru Agoda or other booking sites???
    Personally, I would use https://asq.in.th/bangkok-test-and-go-hotels to find a place. They have some good filters for searching. Then, you can book or try directly via the hotel's website.

You can always compare prices with Agoda or booking.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I looked at Agoda's Pattaya selection; there was only one available for my January dates.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I looked at Agoda's Pattaya selection; there was only one available for my January dates.
    I have booked my one day directly with this place in Pattaya and they still appear to have many vacancies in January.

https://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

Have you tried looking directly at hotels websites. It may be that Agoda’s allocation has been used up.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (November 6th, 2021)