Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I am bored and diving in!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: I am bored and diving in!

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Personally, I would use https://asq.in.th/bangkok-test-and-go-hotels to find a place. They have some good filters for searching. Then, you can book or try directly via the hotel's website.

You can always compare prices with Agoda or booking.com
    Curiously the hotel quotes in Bangkok and Pattaya include vaccination and transport, but those in Phuket do not.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (November 12th, 2021), vnman (November 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

Curiously the hotel quotes in Bangkok and Pattaya include vaccination and transport, but those in Phuket do not.
    I think you meant to say..."tests and transport", not "vaccinations".

4. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 6th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Indeed!

notice.jpg

But with hotel prices like this, it stays the same from a costs perspective.

room.jpg

6. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 8th, 2021)

Liked

Not sure when and where I am supposed to take the COVID test in Thailand, I asked the hotel. They told me that I will take the test at the hotel. If I make it to the hotel before 10:00 AM, I will get the result the same night at 08:00 PM. The second round of test results will come in at 04:00 AM.

My plane lands at 08:40 AM so I will need a small miracle to make the first cutoff.

Liked

My plane lands at 12:05
    I get tested at 18:00 at the hotel in Bangkok
    The result is due by 14:00 next day and I've seen evidence of someone else getting the result by 13:00 in the same hotel.

This seems to be slow, however at least I have a nice room in a well reviewed hotel.

I'd rather be out by 8:00~9:00 am, but to exercise my rights to free cancellation for the quarantine hotel, I'd need to identify a genuinely better alternative AND be confident that the Thai Pass would be processed promptly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    My plane lands at 12:05
    I get tested at 18:00 at the hotel in Bangkok
    The result is due by 14:00 next day and I've seen evidence of someone else getting the result by 13:00 in the same hotel.

This seems to be slow, however at least I have a nice room in a well reviewed hotel.

I'd rather be out by 8:00~9:00 am, but to exercise my rights to free cancellation for the quarantine hotel, I'd need to identify a genuinely better alternative AND be confident that the Thai Pass would be processed promptly.
    It must be hospital-specific. You arrive a bit later than me, but wouldn't you rather get the result early in the evening? What I like so much about flying east is the lack of a jetlag. My flight starts early morning Dutch time and I'll arrive at the beginning of the night Dutch time. This means I can easily sleep 6 or 7 hours in the hotel and wake up at 4 or 5 PM and will be good to go.

If you are out at 08:00 AM, can you check in somewhere else that early?

If I am lucky enough to get the results the same day, I can check in at Tarntawan immediately, because I booked an extra day. If I don't make the cut, I can check in first thing in the morning and enjoy the breakfast there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    It must be hospital-specific. You arrive a bit later than me, but wouldn't you rather get the result early in the evening? What I like so much about flying east is the lack of a jetlag. My flight starts early morning Dutch time and I'll arrive at the beginning of the night Dutch time. This means I can easily sleep 6 or 7 hours in the hotel and wake up at 4 or 5 PM and will be good to go.

If you are out at 08:00 AM, can you check in somewhere else that early?
    I have more of a jet lag problem flying east than west.
    When flying home, all I have to do is force myself to stay awake until about 10:00 pm, take some herbal sleeping tablets and I sleep through to after 5:00 am. The following day is even easier.
    Flying east to Thailand, it takes a good 4 days or so to adjust.

As for the covid result, getting it at 8:00 am gives me options & is preferable to being confined until 13:00. This "Quarantine Free" arrival will involve almost 24 hours of quarantine.

11. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 10th, 2021)

Liked

I know that someone was interested in flights with Singapore Airlines (SQ) but I cannot find the comment. The following is something to consider when flying with SQ:

VTL.jpg

It is something that I had not considered, but luckily my country falls within the scheme. That makes going home a lot easier and also cheaper. If presented with the choice of testing before flying home with SQ or not testing flying with Qatar, I would have chosen Qatar.

Edit: come to think of it. The SQ rules are complicated as well. I will just get tested again before flying home because going true their website is torture.

Liked

Are any of the massage places / Bars / gogo discreetly open (okay maybe not gogo as that doesn’t seem possible)?

I’ve booked my trip for the week of December leading into XMas. Just hoping there’s some action

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    Are any of the massage places / Bars / gogo discreetly open (okay maybe not gogo as that doesn’t seem possible)?

I’ve booked my trip for the week of December leading into XMas. Just hoping there’s some action
    Massage places…
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"