Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am bored and diving in!

Liked

I am bored and diving in!

I've spent a few days now trying to find an option for a 4 or 5-day trip. It was my intention to stay within a max 4-hour flight from Amsterdam, but nothing seems to get me excited.

The following reason made me decide to extend the trip for a few days and go to Thailand.

1. I'm not looking for nightlife activities.
    2. Weather
    3. Amazing deals on premium lodging.
    4. a €414 economy flight including hand and checked luggage. This flight is with Singapore Airlines and they seem to have the best economy product at this time.
    5. No need for a business ticket.
    6. Very reasonable 1st-night hotel+ package including transportation.
    7. The Thailand pass registration seems pretty straightforward.

My thoughts about Thailand have shifted a couple of times and are admittedly not always consistent. Earlier this year I wanted to come to Thailand and experience some places without the normal influx of tourists. But Thailand kept moving the goalpost so that never materialized. This might be ( hopefully it is) the only/last time to experience Thailand under these conditions.

I'm making reservations now and I'll keep you posted.

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (November 5th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 3rd, 2021), christianpfc (November 4th, 2021), Dodger (November 3rd, 2021), Jellybean (November 3rd, 2021), Oliver2 (November 3rd, 2021), poshglasgow (November 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Re: I am bored and diving in!

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I've spent a few days now trying to find an option for a 4 or 5-day trip. It was my intention to stay within a max 4-hour flight from Amsterdam, but nothing seems to get me excited.

The following reason made me decide to extend the trip for a few days and go to Thailand.
    What!?

What happened to Mexico plan? I was counting on you!

Speaking of Amsterdam, on recent trip to Marrakech, I met a guy from Amsterdam, we became friends and he showed me good spots in the city, we were whoring around quite extensively despite annoying police presence in parks, was that you by any chance?

Liked

Haha, no that wasn't me in Marrakech. But I would love to hear some details, I've never been there.

My trip to Mexico is all set. This time of year you have to book trips like that in advance. Mexico City, and Mexico in general is not as cheap as Thailand when it comes to accommodation. We had to book in advance to get what we wanted.

This Thailand trip is just a little snack. :-)

I wouldn't want to let the December holidays depend on the whims of some Thai bureaucrats.

Liked

The application for the Thailand pass was very straightforward. Sadly you have to start the process at min. 7 days before travelling because I actually want to go this Friday. I'll go next Friday instead.

Finding a "test and go" hotel was not as straightforward. I used the website https://asq.in.th/bangkok-test-and-go-hotels and that is not as simple as booking and paying. After you enter your details, you get an email verifying that your request has been sent to the hotel. They ask you to reply to the email with some documents and information.

I did that but after 2 hours had not heard from the hotel. When I called the hotel, a lady told me that it was busy with requests. She asked for my email address and that she would look for it. After 5 minutes I got a message via line saying that she found my email. After that...silence. After an hour, I asked her via line how to proceed. She asked me to check my email:

Dear Mr "entered the wrong name here,"

If our hotel matches your criteria and you would like to stay with us. Kindly make a transfer and we will issue you the prepayment letter for Thailand Pass. I have enclosed some more details on the Thailand Test and Go program and Thailand Pass. Thailand is just reopening the country and new protocols are applied. Kindly contact me if you have any questions.

Here are our payment options,
    1. Bank transfer
    Bank: Siam Commercial Bank PCL
    Account Name : The Elegant Bangkok Co., Ltd
    Account number : XXXXXXXXXXX
    Swift code: SICOTHBK
    Account Branch and Address : Tesco Lotus Town in Town
    1 st. FL. Tesco Lotus Town In Town 1329/10 Soi Latphrao 94 (Panchamit) , Wangthonglang, Wang Thong Lang, Bangkok 10310

2. Paypal : You can transfer us through paypal via : XXXXXXXXXX.

3.Credit card : Our credit card link for payment is under the recovery process. We have lost it after covid. It might take a couple days to recover. I do apologize and we will get back to you if you choose this option.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon ka

Warmest regards,
    XXXXX
    I decided to pay with PayPal. This whole process was very fraud sensitive in my opinion. Luckily, payments with PayPal are protected and that's the only reason I went ahead with the booking. I was already searching for an alternative but I am happy we got this done.

This hotel is cheap and near the airport. It's the perfect location because I'm not yet sure what to do after receiving the expected negative COVID test. I might take a domestic flight, stay in Bangkok or rent a car and drive to Pattaya.

It took 2 hours before the hotel sent me the document I needed for the Thailand pass. And here comes the kicker... wait for it...

After I uploaded the documents for the Thailand pass, I got approved within 5 seconds and received the QR code.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 4th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have also just finished the requirements for the Thai Pass.

The application is a little long winded but actually quite simple once you have your ducks in a row.

The final item was Hotel ASQ. My chosen hotel is in Pattaya and I completed their application form, completed the credit card details and had a confirmation in minutes. It included all the details required for the Thai Pass.

HINT for Thai Pass application.

When it asks for copies of documents just take a photo and hit use. It accepted them all, no fuss but obviously you will have to print them out first. I had done that anyway to take them with me.

Like vnman I got my Thai Pass in SECONDS. I then got an email saying my application had been received and could take 7 days!

TiT.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

Like vnman I got my Thai Pass in SECONDS. I then got an email saying my application had been received and could take 7 days!

TiT.
    Hahaha, indeed. In that order.

But how on earth do they check those details so quickly?

It's also true that you cannot upload PDF files. You will have to make a screenshot from the documents and send them in jpg or png format.

@gerefan2, when are you going and why did you choose Pattaya?

I haven't made up my mind yet but Pattaya might come in last on my list. Obviously, I've lived there and visited for so many years that this might be the perfect time to look elsewhere. Nightlife might not be on the table, I would still love to have a drink or two during dinner. As I understand it, that is possible in Bangkok. I've also been invited to come to Ubon, but I need a little more information before I commit to that.

Liked

HI:
    what did you mean "just take a photo and hit USE??? Poor me...I am not great with this "uploading" documents for the
    Thailand Pass.....I will probably fail...

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (November 4th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Vnman...going at the end of November, hoping that entertainment opens in December. Failing that there’s Bangkok as you say.

Blueskytoday...I printed all documents first.
    When you get to a question which requires a document (say a copy of your passport) there will be a symbol which says “browse file”. Click on it and there are 3 choices. See below.

Select take photo and your device will automatically go to camera. Take a pic of your passport (or document) and the camera will then say ‘Use’. Hit use and hey presto ...the form accepts it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 4th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 4th, 2021), goji (November 4th, 2021), Jellybean (November 4th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 4th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 5th, 2021)

Liked

THANKS...Since I have photo's already in my photo library, I can just click that one in to download it..Thanks again...OH must one purchase the airline ticket BEFORE applying for the thailand pass, or can we just put the travel dates in,,,make the hotel resv, etc.....I hope on can wait until actually departing/making the trip to buy the ticket...THANKS..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I hope on can wait until actually departing/making the trip to buy the ticket...THANKS..
    Yes, you only need to pay the hotel, insurance and get confirmations. They will ask you for your itinerary so you should have that handy. This includes the flight number. You can buy your ticket at any time you see fit.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (November 4th, 2021)