Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: I am bored and diving in!

Liked

Re: I am bored and diving in!

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Here is my one liner: You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.
    That's assuming there's any water around for the horse to be led to . . .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    It's no good just sitting back expecting the guys to appear on your doorstep.
    Actually, that is one of the few things that is good these days for "liaisons" with the guys. The bars are still all closed, so using the apps the guys appear on your doorstep.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If I were a betting man and I'd to put a tenner on who could find a good night out ( even now) in Patts or BKK and it was between Colmx or GB or MFAS I think I know where I'd be putting my money !! ( pls that's on Colmx just in case there was any confusion re that :-)

So roll up roll up folks and place your bets, it's double or nothing, who's it going to be then ??!!! lol

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 16th, 2021), Dodger (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Actually, that is one of the few things that is good these days for "liaisons" with the guys. The bars are still all closed, so using the apps the guys appear on your doorstep.
    Yes, that's what I was getting at. You have to be proactive and get on the apps and actively look for someone for fun.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Honestly, anyone who lives in Pattaya who doesn't know how to find a good time needs to get out more.

Not as easy as just picking a number off the stage...so you may need to brush up on your communication skills...get out and around more...try to build a network (get connected)...more doors open ever time. That's the way it works. If that's too much of a task, either use the apps., or send a PM to vnman and he can tell you how to do it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I think I know where I'd be putting my money !!
    That would be a crowded trade.

In the last 12~18 months there have been about 4~5 cases where I've led the horse to the water and suggested where to go for everything from massages to government offices.
    Every time it's dismissed. "Must be closed". "It's definitely not there". Every time I've been correct.
    In some cases I've posted a photograph as proof. In other cases another expat has visited later and confirmed the information.
    Also, there are the businesses that I've used as a customer.

This nicely sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Honestly, anyone who lives in Pattaya who doesn't know how to find a good time needs to get out more.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Why do I have a feeling that your idea of a good time and my idea of a good time are very different?

Liked

Saturday evening I ended on the apps. It's was around midnight and I was tired, but also in the land of milk and honey. One guy approached me and sent me some pictures. He was definitely my type. 20 yo Thai twinkie. He asked if I could pick him up, but he lived a bit too far for my liking. I offered to pay for his taxi. He didn't want that, then I offered to send a Grab so he didn't have to advance the money. He didn't want that either. He insisted that I came to his place and we have some fun there. I explained that I would only be interested if he would come to my hotel. Then he asked if maybe I was not alone. That wouldn't be a problem. I could bring a friend for some groups sex. I refused and had to a couple of times more because he kept insisting. No idea what he was thinking. Could have been serious or a scam.

Then got to chatting with another guy, I will show you his picture when I am home. He was handsome but his pics were edited a lot with photoshop, so I asked if he would like to facetime. That was OK for him. He opened his cam and he turned out to be very cute. No idea why he uses so much Photoshop. We agreed to meet on Wednesday after he finishes work, which would be around 22:00. Wish me luck because I think some of you might be drooling too with the prospect of meeting him.

Sunday, I wanted to get a few things out of the way. it started with a dentist appointment in Siam Paragon, and after that, I went to MBK to change some money. After that, I took the Skytrain to Silom and was expecting the boy (T) from Pattaya around 16:00. There was a lot lost in translation, and while I was waiting for him at the BTS station, he thought it was a good idea to walk to Suriwong rd. It was around 19:20 when we finally met. We quickly walked to the hotel, dropped his suitcase and went to Balcony.

043FB8E6-9047-4288-BADB-A3B7E793CB89.jpg

This picture I took from Balcony looking at the Telephone bar. The contrast of Balcony having a full terras and Telephone being empty. A day later the door of the Telephone bar was open and I was able to take a picture inside while construction was going on. I have not seen any sign with the new name yet.

IMG_6323.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg

We decided not to sit outside but rather order some food inside. I had been outside most of the day and the aircon was very welcome. We ordered food and a nice cocktail. They make a great Whiskey Sour at Balcony.

IMG_6325.jpg

I asked when they would close and the waiter told me 12. I was shocked. It means I could have gone there on Saturday too. I was under the impression that they would close at 22:00. They now close the terras at 23:00 and people can finish their drinks inside until 12.

At 23:00 people came inside and the bar was full. However, I didn't like it that much because they had stopped playing music. We decided to leave 20 minutes later. I must say that on Monday they stopped the music when they closed at 12. Which was much better in my opinion.

IMG_6362.jpg

We walked to the hotel via Foodland and passed all the closed gogo bars. That was definitely a sad sight. You understand that we went straight to sleep when we got back to the hotel. hehehe

IMG_6368.jpg

Monday started slow. I think we fell out of bed around 2 pm and went out to see some sights. In the evening we went to Oishi. I love Japanese food but as you can see, it's not like it used to be.

IMG_6389.jpg

You have to order directly with the waiter and they will bring the plates to your table. The food is still good but it takes something away from the experience. if I had to guess, maybe 40% of the restaurants are open in MBK. There were hardly any people around 20:00.

IMG_6382.jpg

After eating we took a taxi to Silom Soi 4. I must say, we mostly used Grab but the times we took a normal taxi, there were no problems with them not wanting to use the meter. I find myself tipping more than normal too. I know that everybody must be struggling. I can't save the world but an extra 20 or 50 here and there will also not kill me.

The waiter from the night before greeted us in Balcony where we sat down at the bar. T ordered some drinks for us and I went out to take some pictures of all the places.

IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6352.jpg
    IMG_6353.jpg
    IMG_6354.jpg
    IMG_6355.jpg

Around 23:00 I spoke to someone about fun places to go. He told me that he knew a bar where we could get a table and drink all night. I told him that we wanted to go, so he called there and made the reservation. At midnight we left Balcony and went to the bar where we reserved a table.

The place seemed deserted going by how it looked from the outside. inside we had to walk through the building a bit until we got into a room that could hold about 50 to 75 people. There was a bar, disco lights and many tables. it was full and only the table I reserved was free. The girl-boy ratio must have been 25% girls and 75% boys.

I ordered a bottle of JW red for 2500 Baht mixers included. later I ordered a beer tap. Not sure how to call it. the price was 700 baht but I have no idea how many litres.

People were dancing to a mix of Thai and English music. Many boys were shirtless and I think I can include some pictures. Haha, we could post them in the tattoo section too. Ages ranged from 20 to 25. it was a very young crowd, so I fitted in perfectly. I didn't stand out at all LOL. Yeah, I was the only foreigner too.

IMG_6412.jpg
    IMG_6413.jpg
    IMG_6421.jpg
    IMG_6424.jpg

Most importantly, I have spoken to many boys and they told me that they worked in the now-closed gogo bars. They are waiting for the customers to come back. I could have taken 4 or 5 boys with me easily that night but of course, I was with T. I did get phone numbers and some boys have already contacted me online. I forgot the name of the bar but I will get it tomorrow. If you are a regular poster here and want to know the name and someone who can help you with a reservation, please ask me in a private message. I don't want to get them in trouble.

That brings me to the pictures. I made some nice pictures of the boys and even some videos. I am just not sure what I can show and what I can't. I'll try to use my best judgement, but let the moderators decide if pictures give away too much of the location. I might also be worrying too much.

Bangkok reminds me of the early days of Thaksin when bars had to close at 12. There are many other places that are open late with boys and booze, you just have to ask the right people.

10. 19 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 17th, 2021), Andaman! (November 17th, 2021), arsenal (November 17th, 2021), Aux1010 (November 17th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 16th, 2021), christianpfc (November 18th, 2021), daydreamer (November 17th, 2021), Dodger (November 17th, 2021), francois (November 17th, 2021), gerefan2 (November 16th, 2021), goji (November 16th, 2021), Jellybean (November 16th, 2021), llz (November 18th, 2021), Mancs (November 17th, 2021), Manforallseasons (November 16th, 2021), michaelx1992 (November 17th, 2021), Nirish guy (November 16th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 17th, 2021), Patanawet (November 17th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Nice pics, seems like you found some interesting spots……Suggest U stay in BKK and enjoy as your options in Pattaya will be rather limited.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (November 17th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed report and for providing us with so many first-rate photos, vnman. I'm guessing it's just the sort of trip report many of us have been waiting on until we are able to be there in person.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment.

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I forgot the name of the bar but I will get it tomorrow. If you are a regular poster here and want to know the name and someone who can help you with a reservation, please ask me in a private message. I don't want to get them in trouble.
    Excellent advice, given the present circumstances.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

14. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 17th, 2021)