List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So where do we go for Christmas? Any ideas?

Liked

Re: So where do we go for Christmas? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelx1992 View Post
    Colombia:

Cucuta: dirty cheap, hot, plenty of guys available if you know where to find them, but nothing to do in the city and not a tourist in sight.
    I like it already!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 5th, 2021), poshglasgow (November 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Let's just say Cucuta is for the more adventurous among us. Someone like ChristianPFC would probably love it, both money-wise and boy-wise, but I would certainly not recommend it to everyone ;-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Hi DoubleDutch,

I am aware, however, and heard of an increasing intolerance towards gay tourists. Indeed, if you are spotted in the company of a younger Moroccan man it could elicit official attention!
    Main problem, the only problem, really, is where to go, after you have befriended a local guy. Locals are not allowed in hotels, at least not in hotels I stayed. I asked guys, where to guy, where to rent a room, they never had a clue, all agreed that hotels are out of the question.

At night, there is action in parks. There is zero information online, and advise given at gayguides.com (formerly Boytoy.com) Africa section is useless. Gayguides.com is now part of Moses' online empire, sadly this thread at

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...rrakesh-visit/

is fiction.

I know because I was there just now for 3 weeks, looking around day and night. All info on this thread is garbage, fiction, same poster has sevearl threads about Morocco, Egypt, all fiction, I believe. I tried to register at Gayguides but it is simply not humanly possible, so let it be.

You are right about locals watching your every move, if you try and approach a young guys, or they approach you, there will be people observing it, trick is to look like local, or at least some random guy. Unfortunately same problem will always arise - where to bring them. Easier at night - parks. They do expect tip, you can refuse altogether or give little bit, 5 Eur is apricated for blow job, meaning you blow them, you always blow them and never the other way around. Still, I found Marrakech much more simulating than Europe, much much more. Going back next week, will report.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 5th, 2021), dab69 (November 4th, 2021), poshglasgow (November 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Let's just say Cucuta is for the more adventurous among us. Someone like ChristianPFC would probably love it, both money-wise and boy-wise, but I would certainly not recommend it to everyone ;-)
    Would it be much to ask what are you talking about? More adventurous among us, you don't recommend it to everyone? Could you explain it to me as if I was a Golden Retriever! Dumb it down, if you please!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Would it be much to ask what are you talking about? More adventurous among us, you don't recommend it to everyone? Could you explain it to me as if I was a Golden Retriever! Dumb it down, if you please!
    I will see if I find the time to write a trip report, it's a bit much to explain here and I don't want to hijack the topic.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    If you can recommend gay-friendly areas of Mexico city I'd be interested to learn of them. Thank you for responding.
    PG
    Zona Rosa in Mexico City. For example Londres, Hamburgo, Amberes, are excellent streets.

Most of the bars and clubs are within a two-block radius and 5 minutes by foot. The same goes for restaurants. I always feel safe in Zona Rosa and there's no problem with showing public affection, if you were inclined to do so. Grindr is a good way to meet guys, paid or not. There are also MBs walking the street if that is your thing.

Mexico City has Uber and it is a safe way to get around town.

9. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (November 6th, 2021)

Liked

- but you need to make arrangements with guys in advance (and probably stick to a couple instead of trying to be a butterfly).
    Why is that?

- Cucuta: dirty cheap, hot, plenty of guys available if you know where to find them, but nothing to do in the city and not a tourist in sight.
    Border town with Venezuela...sound dangerous to me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Why is that?

Border town with Venezuela...sound dangerous to me.
    I found it difficult to get into contact on the gay apps in Medellin. They were often not interested or quoted excessive prices. In my experience, not many gays use the apps over there. There is plenty of eye candy in the streets, commercial centers and in the gay discos, but language problems and the fact that they are often in groups make it more difficult to communicate. I eventually sticked to one guy in Medellin and another in Cartagena. Cucuta was a diffferent story, with 7 guys in 4 days.

The city center of Cucuta felt safe, but I wouldn't go near the border at night (or even during daytime). There's plenty of police presence and with normal precautions, I don't think it was any more unsafe than any other city, but it's certainly a destination off the beaten path.

12. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 4th, 2021)

Liked

Brazil (Rio or Salvador) is still the best winter (summer for them) destination for the vaxxed and cautious. The guys are stunning and cheap and the beaches are as well.

Liked

I found it difficult to get into contact on the gay apps in Medellin. They were often not interested or quoted excessive prices. In my experience, not many gays use the apps over there. There is plenty of eye candy in the streets, commercial centers and in the gay discos, but language problems and the fact that they are often in groups make it more difficult to communicate. I eventually sticked to one guy in Medellin and another in Cartagena. Cucuta was a diffferent story, with 7 guys in 4 days.

The city center of Cucuta felt safe, but I wouldn't go near the border at night (or even during daytime). There's plenty of police presence and with normal precautions, I don't think it was any more unsafe than any other city, but it's certainly a destination off the beaten path.
    Hi,

Is there any gay bars or clubs in Cucuta?