FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reshape Your Next Holiday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Reshape Your Next Holiday

My past holidays were always bar-centric, focused on Boys – Bars – Beer, and I know how disappointed I’d be if any of these delights were kept from me. But what would I do if they were?

Arsenel made a great point in a recent post saying he plans to “Reshape” his next holiday to compensate for all the “unknowns” out there, which makes perfect sense to me.

Using arsenel’s concept of “Reshaping”…I’d definitely carve out alternative plans so I didn’t have to contend with all the “unknowns”. Planning for the worst (the bars being closed) I think finding a Boy Special (or two) to spend my time with versus playing the butterfly role would probably work best…either a past flame (or two), or a few new embers… whatever.

Bouncing around some of the islands, sipping Leo from a frosted mug on the porch of a seaside bungalow, finding private spots for small parties with friends, and of course enjoying sex, are all things that could be enjoyed without worrying 24/7 about Thailand’s ever-changing covid restrictions.

If the bars and gogo’s happened to be open, that would just be an added plus, but not something that would make or break my holiday.

Who knows, it could end up be the best holiday ever!

A special thinks to arsenal, AKA Asa Butterfield.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 2nd, 2021), daydreamer (November 3rd, 2021), vnman (November 4th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Reshape Your Next Holiday

Yep. Excellent post Dodger. I know many of you wouldn't consider riding a motor bike but I would urge you to reconsider. There are literally dozens and dozens of truly terrible 'tourist attractions' to visit very cheaply as well as quite a few hidden gems but really it's all about the journey. The destination is unimportant. Plus if you're not drinking the evening is never quite long enough...can always have a quick final shufty around one of the holy trinity, just to see if anyone new has turned up. Being sober and taking a boy back to your hotel at 0300 is a right thrill. A ride along Jomtien Beach Road at that time is pure heaven...message the folks back home and ask them what they're doing then sip an iced tea and be happy you're not there.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 2nd, 2021), goji (November 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Yep. Excellent post Dodger. I know many of you wouldn't consider riding a motor bike but I would urge you to reconsider.
    I normally don't touch a motorcycle, as my travel insurance USUALLY doesn't cover me as someone who doesn't hold a full British motorcycle license.

However, having read the T&C of my latest insurance policy, there's no such clause. The only exclusion is if I'm wearing no helmet AND riding a bike of over 100cc.
    So I may well hire something for a while, to see how it goes. Carefully.

The only time I've actually used any form of motorcycle so far was in Bagan, Myanmar. Whilst travelling into the area, I'd already noted very little traffic and some of the tracks looked too sandy to be much fun on a mountain bike.

I hired an electric motorcycle for about $6 per day and those 3 days were amongst the best I've ever had sightseeing. It's the blue one.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. 7 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 2nd, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 2nd, 2021), christianpfc (November 7th, 2021), Dodger (November 3rd, 2021), Oliver2 (November 2nd, 2021), poshglasgow (November 2nd, 2021), splinter1949 (November 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    My past holidays were always bar-centric, focused on Boys – Bars – Beer, and I know how disappointed I’d be if any of these delights were kept from me. But what would I do if they were?
    My holidays center around the 3 B, but in my cases it's Boys, Buddha (temples) and Boulders (rocks and mountains). I like to go to bars to look at boys in underwear, but I'm not reliant on bars to get boys. I find most of my encounters online. I don't drink.

I would not have to reshape my holidays if the current conditions (no bars, no alcohol) stay in place. But the travel restrictions between provinces would be very annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Being sober and taking a boy back to your hotel at 0300 is a right thrill.
    I value a good sleep more than sex at ungodly hours. I have a rule "no sex after midnight". But other people have different sleep-wake patterns.

The only thing I drive is a bicycle in Germany. On trips, if there is a taxi, I prefer that over a motorbike. I value comfort and safety over speed and lower price.

In Thailand, for places I want to go to but no public transport, I rent a car with driver which averages at 1000 THB for a daytrip (8 hours) of 100 km, which is reasonable and I don't have to watch traffic, navigate, parking and so on, and I can use the time to read or watch out of the window (while my driver is watching the road and traffic), well worth the money.

There are places that are inaccessible by car, but can be reached by mocy. One of these places is a mountain in Phrae province. From car parking it's about 5 km, which cost 250 THB by mocy and took 50 minutes. It was an uncomfortable, bumpy, noisy ride. When I went again to same place, with the knowledge what an awful ride it was and now knowing the way, I choose to walk instead, 1 hour 10 minutes. There is a saying in German "Besser gut gelaufen als schlecht gefahren" - "A pleasant walk is better than a bumpy ride".

Out of about 20,000 traffic death in Thailand every year, most of them mocy drivers.

8. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 16th, 2021), Armando (November 16th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 7th, 2021), daydreamer (November 8th, 2021), Jellybean (November 7th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 16th, 2021), snotface (November 8th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It would be great if Members who are coming to Thailand (or, have already arrived) could post Trip Reports during their visits.

This would be very helpful to those planning to venture the waters during the high season, especially any details related to how your holiday has been reshaped during a time when they're still some restrictions in place.

vnman's report detailing his arrival at Suvarnabhumi a few days ago was extremely helpful, but after his rendezvous with a boy who he summoned to meet him from Pattaya we haven't heard a peep from him. One would assume that's a very good sign...LOL

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 16th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    ....we haven't heard a peep from him. One would assume that's a very good sign...LOL
    He's probably cuddling up to a hot young guy in bed, weighing up whether to write a trip report for us or to get started with round three.

Decisions, decisions!

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Use this and you will have attention of all boys

scooter-4roues-quadro4_hd.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (November 3rd, 2021), Dodger (November 2nd, 2021), Manforallseasons (November 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't forget my first ever visit to Jomtien, driven there by an apparently pubescent child who had yet to learn the meaning of fear. As a newbie, I hadn't learnt that the system operates in a strict order, so my choice- as I thought- of a large middle-aged driver, was not allowed. And I ended up with bloody Peter Pan.

The next day, I discovered the baht buses by the temple. Motor-cycles still don't appeal. Particularly Thai ones.

One a serious note, I recall one of the dancers at Throb, Song, whom I found both charming and cute, and of his fatal motor-cy accident on the way home from the show. Crossing Second road has its perils, but motor-cys......

16. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Provided you avoid driving a motor bike Thai Style you won’t come to much harm. A few simple rules:

Drive it like you would at home (except if your home is Italy)!
    Don’t drive it fast
    Avoid Sukumvit...a real death trap
    NEVER drive it even with only a single drink inside you.

There are many rewards having a bike.

18. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (November 3rd, 2021), arsenal (November 2nd, 2021), Dodger (November 3rd, 2021), poshglasgow (November 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Anyone looking for a new angle to their trip who hasn't tried before, could do worse than look up their nearest Hash House Harriers - subtitled: 'drinkers who have a walking (or running) problem'

Great fun and strictly non-competitive, but very non-PC.. - most hashes take place in late afternoon crashing through the jungle for an hour or so somewhere, followed by ample beer.