I always rented a motorbike during holidays before buying one about 12 years ago. Like MFAS, I go everywhere on my bike and couldn't live without it over here.

Riding a motorbike will definitely expand the scope of your holiday, for the simple reason that it's so easy to get around that you'll end up going more places in a normal day.

Yesterday I drove from Bang Saray to Pattaya at sun-up for coffee with friends - then north to Naklua to pick up Vaccine passport - then brunch back at Taco Bell in Pattaya - then some shopping at Villa Market - then a short visit to Jomtien Complex - and arrived back in Bang Saray at 12 noon. Jai and I hopped on the bike later on for a drive to a beach restaurant - some last minute shopping at the local market - and back home again. This is to just to give you an idea of the ground you can cover, and different variety of things you can do in a single day..

To ride a motorcycle in Thailand, and remain strictly within the law, you must possess and produce: A national drivers license issued in your home country valid for a motorcycle, AND, An International Driving Permit, OR, a Thai motorbike drivers license. At least those were the requirements 2 years ago when my daughter visted Thailand and rented a motorbike. Check on-line to see if they've changed.

SOME HELPFUL HINTS:

NEVER drink and drive.
ALWAYS wear your helmut (I don't, but that's stupid)
NEVER leave valuables in the seat storage compartment unattended.
Drive slow, and always be aware of any/all moving objects around you.
ALWAYS use your turn signals (they don't)
Avoid driving after dark (you'll live longer)