Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reshape Your Next Holiday

Liked

Re: Reshape Your Next Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Just on Olivers comment re Bali I can confirm the police work EXACTLY the same "fine" system as the pattaya police when they can too.
    I've rented cars many times in Thailand, and a few times in Bali. The Thai BIB could learn a couple tricks from the Indonesian police in Bali.

I was driving in Kuta Beach a few years back, crawling along in traffic, and a cop jumped off the curb and stopped me. He asked me why I didn't stop for the traffic light. The light was mounted on a pole about 10' high at the curb, and his partner would stand under the traffic light, and pull a tree branch down over the light, and wait for a tourist to "not see" the traffic light. Sure enough, the following day, I passed the same area, and the same cop was standing there with the tree branch pulled down, waiting for the light to turn red, so he could let the branch go, and catch another unsuspecting tourist.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (November 16th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 5th, 2021), christianpfc (November 7th, 2021), goji (November 16th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 5th, 2021), vnman (November 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    My past holidays were always bar-centric, focused on Boys – Bars – Beer, and I know how disappointed I’d be if any of these delights were kept from me. But what would I do if they were?
    My holidays center around the 3 B, but in my cases it's Boys, Buddha (temples) and Boulders (rocks and mountains). I like to go to bars to look at boys in underwear, but I'm not reliant on bars to get boys. I find most of my encounters online. I don't drink.

I would not have to reshape my holidays if the current conditions (no bars, no alcohol) stay in place. But the travel restrictions between provinces would be very annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Being sober and taking a boy back to your hotel at 0300 is a right thrill.
    I value a good sleep more than sex at ungodly hours. I have a rule "no sex after midnight". But other people have different sleep-wake patterns.

The only thing I drive is a bicycle in Germany. On trips, if there is a taxi, I prefer that over a motorbike. I value comfort and safety over speed and lower price.

In Thailand, for places I want to go to but no public transport, I rent a car with driver which averages at 1000 THB for a daytrip (8 hours) of 100 km, which is reasonable and I don't have to watch traffic, navigate, parking and so on, and I can use the time to read or watch out of the window (while my driver is watching the road and traffic), well worth the money.

There are places that are inaccessible by car, but can be reached by mocy. One of these places is a mountain in Phrae province. From car parking it's about 5 km, which cost 250 THB by mocy and took 50 minutes. It was an uncomfortable, bumpy, noisy ride. When I went again to same place, with the knowledge what an awful ride it was and now knowing the way, I choose to walk instead, 1 hour 10 minutes. There is a saying in German "Besser gut gelaufen als schlecht gefahren" - "A pleasant walk is better than a bumpy ride".

Out of about 20,000 traffic death in Thailand every year, most of them mocy drivers.

4. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 16th, 2021), Armando (November 16th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 7th, 2021), daydreamer (November 8th, 2021), Jellybean (November 7th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 16th, 2021), snotface (November 8th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It would be great if Members who are coming to Thailand (or, have already arrived) could post Trip Reports during their visits.

This would be very helpful to those planning to venture the waters during the high season, especially any details related to how your holiday has been reshaped during a time when they're still some restrictions in place.

vnman's report detailing his arrival at Suvarnabhumi a few days ago was extremely helpful, but after his rendezvous with a boy who he summoned to meet him from Pattaya we haven't heard a peep from him. One would assume that's a very good sign...LOL

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 16th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    ....we haven't heard a peep from him. One would assume that's a very good sign...LOL
    He's probably cuddling up to a hot young guy in bed, weighing up whether to write a trip report for us or to get started with round three.

Decisions, decisions!

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 16th, 2021)