Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
There's a huge gap between "wow, that's really impressive" and "I'm going to trust my life with this thing"..
I think that will ( should) ALWAYS be the case with ANY tech. But saying that I have to be honest and confess that there's many a time my car is driving me up the road and I'm maybe already not quite as attentive as I should be - saying that as I figure even now my car is probably a more observant, careful driver than I am I figure the more I let it drive and I sit back I'm probably doing other road users a favour !

That actually in all seriousness is Elon Musk's view too and he's stated that the main risks ( apart from an automated car doing somehting crazy) is the fact that other cars ARENT automated to the same degree and it's that unkown risk factor which increases the danger expotentially and he believes when all cars get Ai and are automated to a larger degree accident rates will drop ( Im not so sure I'm buying into that one just yet mind) - but saying that as my car does crazy things like making me adhere to the speed limits and things for a rare change then I GUESS that's even a posssibility too !