Thread: What's the score on masks?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What's the score on masks?

I like wearing my mask.

Sound crazy?...it's the truth.

I go everywhere on my motorbike, and the mask helps block some (not all) of the unspent carbon monoxide fumes from these unmaintained jalopies they drive over here from entering my lungs. Now, before anyone charges to google to see if these masks are 100% effective at blocking carbon monoxide fumes, I'll save you the time and tell you they don't. But the fact that they block some of it is a benefit. My mask also prevents bugs from flying into my mouth when I'm driving at high speeds. Laugh if you want to, but I've swallowed many a strange creature in my years of motorbike riding over here. Come to think of it, I've swallowed many a strange creature when not riding on a motorbike too, but there are just some situations in life where wearing a mask simply doesn't work.

In the past 2 years since I started wearing an N95 mask I have never once even caught a common cold. Very unusual for me, because for years I would routinely catch at least one cold a year, especially around flu season, and I also suffered from sinus infections at least once per year which required prescription strength nasel spray to treat. Since wearing the mask (knock of wood) my annual colds and sinus infections are a thing of the past, and I've never once experienced even a hint of a flu symptom.

The mask has become a very useful tool and will stay with me forever, regardless of what direction covid takes. I'll continue wearing it when I'm riding my motorbike, especially in heavy traffic, and may even continue wearing it when around large crowds of people, especially during flu season...who knows.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 28th, 2021), Smiles (October 30th, 2021)