Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's the score on masks?

Liked

Re: What's the score on masks?

The health benefit from wearing a PROPER mask is blocking particles such as PM2.5, which tend to be way above peak levels in the dry season in Thailand. I was sometimes wearing a valved FFP3 mask in Bangkok before covid, when out and about.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

These masks don't block any carbon monoxide. ZERO!!
    I understand...N95 masks weren't designed to block any gases at all, but unspent carbon monoxide contains particulates which are not a gas because of inefficient burning in an engines combustion process. And these particulate can be blocked by these masks to some degree. That's where all the "black shit" that gerefan2 and I are describing comes from.

Below is a link to a recent study showing the advantages of wearing an N95 mask relative to the effectives of CO. The conclusion was that of all three types of masks being tested, such as surgical mask, N95 mask, and carbon mask, were effective to reduce CO levels from air pollution - with the most significant being the N95 and carbon mask. Fabric mask has the poorest protection from CO levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7780759/

3. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 29th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Put your money where your mouth is!

https://www.canbuyornot.com/reviews/...-review-price/
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is!

https://www.canbuyornot.com/reviews/...-review-price/
    Honestly, for people in a high-risk category, especially those suffering with upper respiratory diseases such as COPD, etc., wearing a filtration system like this would probably be a good idea.

I imagine trying to talk with one of these on would make you sound like Darth Vadar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaBlw1gNWdg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    unspent carbon monoxide contains particulates which are not a gas because of inefficient burning in an engines combustion process
    Carbon monoxide contains one atom of carbon linked to one atom of oxygen and nothing else. It is a gas, with no particulates.

Now whilst exhaust emissions, particularly from Thai vehicles, will also contain particulates, it does not mean that carbon monoxide contains particulates.

A good FFP2 or FFP3 face mask will remove most of the particulates, but none of the carbon monoxide.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..this is like being trapped in a room full of science nerds...help...

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 29th, 2021), Dodger (October 29th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Now whilst exhaust emissions, particularly from Thai vehicles, will also contain particulates, it does not mean that carbon monoxide contains particulates.
    It doesn't matter to me where the particles are coming from - as long as they don't get in my lungs.

Liked

It doesn't matter to me where the particles are coming from - as long as they don't get in my lungs.
    On that subject, do you have any air filters in your residence ?

I sort of acquired one in the UK after an ex-tenant abandoned it. Now whilst the air quality here rarely needs it, when there is a problem, such as after the neighbour tried to burn something in the garden, it rapidly reduces the PM2.5 count in the house. As verified by a pocket PM2.5 meter I picked up in Bangkok.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

On that subject, do you have any air filters in your residence ?
    No, not yet anyway,

The air quality here in Bang Saray is actually pretty good. It's Jai's cooking with all those chilies that gets to me sometimes

12. User who gave Like to post:

billyhouston (October 29th, 2021)

Liked

that is all well and good for you, but it may make a difference for others, and the helpful nerds are not giving you this information to show off their knowledge, they are trying to stop the spread of miss-information

do you understand and accept the point being made or have the nerds failed in their quest and will you keep saying that carbon monoxide contains particulates and the masks filter out some of this carbon monoxide?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!