Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
Unfortunately, I think most of you probably know that in Thailand, that won't make any difference. I suppose this is a harsh way of putting it, but it's true - in Thailand either wear the mask or F.O.
I reckon Thailand has got this policy 100% right. Wearing a mask is much easier and more pleasant than catching covid.

I expect the people who are genuinely unable to wear a mask are well below 1% and the widespread compliance in Thailand kind of proves it.
Meanwhile in Britain, for the entire pandemic, people have been allowed not to wear masks if they are "unable to", without needing to provide any proof. So the feckless have been not wearing masks the whole time, in addition to the minority who are genuinely unable to wear one.

If someone has genuine breathing problems when wearing a mask, simply look for the thinnest and most badly fitting mask possible.
A surgical mask without the nose band adjusted ought to do it, although one might need to wear contact lenses, rather than glasses, in order to avoid steaming up.

Wearing a surgical mask with the nose band left straight, I can stick 2 fingers in the gap either side of the nose, which means it's far bigger than the nostrils and not an airflow obstruction.
That might cause steaming for glasses wearers. Putting the mask on upside down creates an airflow path out of the bottom, but of course there is no nose band at the top. The obvious move is to modify a mask by gluing a nose band on the bottom.

I won't be doing this, but it's a solution for those GENUINELY inconvenienced by airflow restrictions & prepared to take the increased risk of catching covid.
I'd expect that is good enough for everyone, but if a mask with no airflow restriction still isn't good enough, then it's probably a mindset issue. In most cases.