Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Closed Bars Deter Pattaya Tourists

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Closed Bars Deter Pattaya Tourists

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...ourists-377396

There aren’t expected to be many, but the foreign tourists who do arrive in Pattaya may be disappointed when they see all the bars still closed.

As things stand, there is no plan to reopen bars, pubs and clubs until at least December. The same goes for selling alcohol in restaurants. Industry groups are calling for the government to relent and allow nightlife and alcohol sales Nov. 1, with the launch of Thailand’s reopening, but the central government hasn’t even hinted it’s listening.

Chonburi Provincial Administrative Organization President Wittaya Kunplome said he doesn’t foresee Pattaya tourism returning to normal until the 2022-23 high season

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Closed Bars Deter Pattaya Tourists

I truly am having difficulty trying to understand the reasoning behind allowing the restaurants in several provinces, including Bangkok, to serve alcohol beginning November 1, but not Pattaya.

Why not Pattaya? Why is Pattaya excluded?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I truly am having difficulty trying to understand the reasoning behind allowing the restaurants in several provinces, including Bangkok, to serve alcohol beginning November 1, but not Pattaya.

Why not Pattaya? Why is Pattaya excluded?
    It makes about as much sense as the hours restriction to buy alcohol in supermarkets etc. Restaurants work on thin margins on the food they sell a good part of their profit is from the alcoholic beverages they sell.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 30th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If Pattaya is not included in the permission for restaurants to sell alcohol from 1 November then it has to be assumed that it will NOT be included in the rumoured bar re-opening on 1 December either.

Tourists will vote with their feet.....

It will be the biggest own goal ever for Pattaya and possibly Thailand as a whole.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im not sure that whether it happens or not that the whole December bar opening thing can be assumed perhaps and even if so it might to be too late?

The reason being of course that it's very likely that normal everyday tourists ( and not just sex tourists ) ARE currently and are NOW perhaps sitting at home planning their holidays and them basically from a fully open UK.

So, they NOW may be deciding on where to go for their hard earned relaxing Christmas beach break and I'm guessing that for thay to be left as bars "many or may not" open in December just might be to much of a close call for most of them, except perhaps the most hardened of *I'm going to Thailand no matter what" type tourists, especially as there are plenty of other Christmas beach type resort options are opening around the world and being available to those very same travellers.

I hope for the sake of the Thai business owners that it transpires that I'm wrong.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 3rd, 2021), vnman (October 31st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I hope for the sake of the Thai business owners that it transpires that I'm wrong.
    Don't forget, the bars will be permitted to open December 1. The question is how many of them will open. As for the Pattaya go-go bars, as far as I know the only two that have said they are going to open are Winner Boys and Nice Boys. If any other go-go bars are planning to reopen that soon, I haven't head about it.

I'm sure many of the beer bars will reopen, but I don't know specifically which ones. I know several will open in Jomtien Complex, but I have heard next to nothing about Boystown or Sunee Plaza. I did hear that a new bar is opening in the Boystown area, but I have not heard the specific location or whether it will be a beer bar or go-go bar.

We also don't know yet what rules will be imposed and we don't know how many boys will start showing up to work in the bars.

I hope to have more details as we get closer to December. My guess is several of the bars that at least so far have managed to survive at all are planning to wait and see how many foreign gay farang tourists actually are showing up in numbers sufficient to make it worth opening.

We just don't have enough information yet to know anything more. What most of us do know is the bars were in trouble and closing right and left long before we ever even heard of Covid. I wish I could be optimistic, but I'm not. I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 31st, 2021)

Liked

If the bars were closed I wouldn't go but if they were open but not serving alcohol then it wouldn't make any difference to my usual trip. However the thinking behind that would escape me. When I eventually return I may have to build a different type of trip. If that's the case then so be it. I've done that several times before. My Easy Rider days are very different from my earlier visits. Way more fun.

"a fully open UK"
    Yep. Got in there quick with the vaccines purchase and is now literally bulldozing through which is a policy I entirely agree with. China meanwhile closes down entire cities if they get a few cases but then these are jittery and nervous people at the best of times. Thailand canmot decide what to do for the best and so are doing lots and lots of nothing.

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    We just don't have enough information yet to know anything more.
    so why are we continuing to speculate on this on page after page on thread after thread on this and every other discussion forum, social media platform and news web site comments section?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 2nd, 2021), Dodger (November 2nd, 2021)