List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid RT-PCR test within 24 hours of arrival.

Liked

Re: Covid RT-PCR test within 24 hours of arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Poor choice of words. Flak = Flugabwehrkanone (anti-aircraft gun). However, flak is now used in English as a general term (criticism, opposition) and the German 8.8 cm Flak during WWII was used efficiently against ground targets as well.
    Considering that he is coming out of the trenches, flak is the perfect word.

The offers from the hotels seem reasonable to me. I do think that the insurance is wasted money because I assume we all have our own insurances and don't need anything extra.

Most of us seem to be waiting for some positive feedback from people who are or will be in Thailand. The problem is that it's a difficult time of year. Am I going to wait until December to decide if Thailand is a go or not? I opted to book one of the other 195 countries. it will be far easier to make a last-minute decision for a trip in April.

Liked

Re: Covid RT-PCR test within 24 hours of arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    The offers from the hotels seem reasonable to me.
    The hotel component of the charges does seem reasonable. I think the testing component is more expensive than it should be, but this really should not stop anyone going to Thailand.
    Once out of quarantine, Bangkok hotels seem to be 500 a night below normal levels, so one can start "recovering" any extra expenditures.

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I do think that the insurance is wasted money because I assume we all have our own insurances and don't need anything extra.
    If your own insurance explicitly includes covid treatment costs and at least $100,000 (now $50,000), it ought to satisfy Thai requirements. There are non-Thai insurance policies proven to meet the rules, so if you have one of those, I certainly agree that buying the Thai insurance would be a waste of money.

3. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (October 29th, 2021)