List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booze, Boys, etc. Beginning in November?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Booze, Boys, etc. Beginning in November?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "I luv how so many rules and changes make zero sense, at least to me, and end up on my "I Don't Get It" list."

A list that now runs to four volumes and could be turned into a miniseries by HBO.

THE LIST....the epic saga of one man's bemusement about everything.
    Starring.
    John Goodman as Gaybutton...the all powerful gayboard mogul.
    Tony Sirico as MFAS...Gaybutton's arch nemesis and purveyor of doom.
    Gerard Depardieu as Francois...the meatloaf baron of olde worlde Sunee.
    Steve Martin as Dodger...the freewheelin hipster narrator.
    Morgan Freeman as Moses...the tekky lord of the gayboard land.
    Toby Jones as Michael...the ever genial host par excellence of Conner Bar.
    Robbie Coltrane as Jellybean...the gentle voice of reason in.the shark tank.
    Barry Humphries as a447...the wealthy Australian playboy.
    Colm Meaney as NIrish...the avuncular world traveller.

And introducing Asa Butterfield as arsenal...the handsome young man-about-town.
    And let's not forget the Blind Reverend Gary Davis as cdn matt...as the lonely panhandler:
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Starring.
    Aren't you going to tell us who plays you? You don't want to know who I've got in mind . . .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Thanks for your link, Manforallseasons. I’m not a great drinker and stick to water or soft drinks when visiting go-go bars; no point being pixelated back at my hotel room.

The opening of cafés, restaurants, go-go bars and massage parlours is more important to me.

But when out with other fa-ràng I do enjoy a glass of wine with my meal, although would happily settle for Coke Zero or its equivalent if alcohol was not allowed. As others have said on this thread, the rules change from day-to-day, so I’ll continue to rely on those members on the ground, or those members with a keener eye than me, to keep me up-to-date.

Thailand’s Tourism Minister to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues in most “Blue” zones for incoming tourists traveling in November
    By Nop Meechukhun Friday, 22 October 2021, 20:26

Thai Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn is planning to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues, such as bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, etc. for foreign tourists in most areas in so-called “Blue Zones”(Business, Leisure, Ultimate Experience) destinations, except Bangkok, at the next CCSA (Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration) general meeting next week.

The Minister stated during an interview on the “Inside Thailand” television program today, October 22nd, that he was planning to introduce to the CCSA general meeting an official reopening of pubs, bars, nightclubs, and similar entertainment venues for incoming tourists in line with the country reopening in November. However, the proposal would only be for certain Blue zones (Including Pattaya) that rely heavily on entertainment venues for tourism . . .
    Source: The Pattaya News

"I luv how so many rules and changes make zero sense, at least to me, and end up on my "I Don't Get It" list."

A list that now runs to four volumes and could be turned into a miniseries by HBO.

Starring.
    John Goodman as Gaybutton...the all powerful gayboard mogul.
    Tony Sirico as MFAS...Gaybutton's arch nemesis and purveyor of doom.
    Gerard Depardieu as Francois...the meatloaf baron of olde worlde Sunee.
    Steve Martin as Dodger...the freewheelin hipster narrator.
    Morgan Freeman as Moses...the tekky lord of the gayboard land.
    Toby Jones as Michael...the ever genial host par excellence of Conner Bar.
    Robbie Coltrane as Jellybean...the gentle voice of reason in.the shark tank.
    Barry Humphries as a447...the wealthy Australian playboy.
    Colm Meaney as NIrish...the avuncular world traveller.

And introducing Asa Butterfield as arsenal...the handsome young man-about-town.
    Ah, you sure were on the money there arsenal with your description. Don’t know how you found out, but yes, when I’m not moderating, I'm actually moonlighting by reprising my role as Hagrid at the Warner Brothers Harry Potter movie set.

Hagrid.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 23rd, 2021), Dodger (October 24th, 2021), francois (October 24th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 24th, 2021)

Liked

.Jellybean wrote.
    "I’m not a great drinker and stick to water or soft drinks when visiting go-go bars; no point being pixelated back at my hotel room."

I stopped drinking in Thailand well over a decade before Plod realised there was serious cash to be made from over the limit riders/drivers. Now, the only alcohol I have is at Royal House Karaoke, the last stop before home. This enables me to flit from JC to BT to SP and back again several times a night. It also gives me 3.00am rides along Dongtan Beach and Jomtien Beach Road all the while on the never ending hunt for boys.

Liked

I was a bit of a drinker when I was at university (weren't we all?) but decided to give it up because in my profession alcohol was basically a no-no. Drinking wasn't actually banned per se but it was too hard working out how many drinks I was allowed to have and at what point I had to stop before performing certain tasks.

I've been retired close to 20 years so don't need to worry about alcohol limits, and although all my friends here love to drink I don't feel the need to get drunk, even though I could.

Sitting in a gogo bar like Eros or BBB, I would have maybe 2 beers during the evening, interspersed with diet coke. I was often amazed by how much the guys in the bars could drink. (Was entertaining me so painful for them that they had to drown their sorrows in drink? Lol)

My regular guys in Thailand do not drink much at all. I have no interest in hopping into bed with a drunk.

But I'll definitely have a celebratory drink the day I arrive back in Thailand! In fact, it will be drinks all round!

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 26th, 2021)

Liked

An article in Thaiger (quoted below) expands upon the rules governing the serving of alcohol in restaurants in Bangkok. As to be expected they are not straightforward. Alcohol will be allowed, but only until 9:00pm. There will also be limits on which restaurants can serve alcohol, they will, apparently, only allow those that have received SHA certification.

BMA allows alcohol in restaurants in Bangkok with some rules

Published on Sunday, October 31, 2021 11:36
    By Neill Fronde

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has finally agreed to let the plan to lift the alcohol ban in restaurants for Blue Zone tourist areas proceed in Bangkok with some caveats. The CCSA created a new addition to their Covid-19 colour-coded zones for the 4 key tourist areas of Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga, based on tourism need more than Covid-19 data, that eases many health and safety restrictions including the beginning of allowing booze back in the provinces, starting with restaurants.

The BMA has decided that alcohol will be allowed to be served and consumed in restaurants in Bangkok, but only until 9 pm. They will also limit which restaurants can serve alcohol, only allowing those who have received SHA certification. This may mean that drinks can mostly be had in chains and upscale restaurants, as The Thaiger previously reported that many local small business operators complain that they can’t get assistance to get approved for SHA and therefore can’t benefit from reopening . . .

For the full article see: Thaiger
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

10. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 31st, 2021)