Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of Countries Not Requiring Quarantine

Liked

Re: List of Countries Not Requiring Quarantine

aot871 read correctly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton post_id=105688 time=1634954858 user_id=2
    TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said though people from low-risk countries do not have to undergo the 14-day quarantine, they are required to:
    • Stay in Thailand for at least 21 days.
    Gaybutton is quoting an article from The Nation.

Whilst publishing nice little summary tables is very good, Thailand also needs to publish the full detailed requirements for the new schemes.
    Having some senior people just quoting add on rules, which may or may not be correct is unprofessional.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Thailand also needs to publish the full detailed requirements for the new scheme
    In a way I hope they don't. All too often the more details they publish, the more confusing it gets. In my opinion what they need to do is sit down with a reputable native English journalist - who knows how to write clearly and concisely - and go over everything with him until it is all crystal clear to him and let him publish the English version of the details. Barry Kenyon is the first person who comes to my mind, but there are many more qualified people - if they would just properly use them. Do I expect them to do that? No.

What they always do is get a Thai spokesperson who is not a native English speaker to do the briefings and provide the details. Anybody having a problem figuring out why things get so confusing?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    What they always do is get a Thai spokesperson who is not a native English speaker to do the briefings and provide the details. Anybody having a problem figuring out why things get so confusing?
    The standard of English from the 3 CCSA briefing people I have seen recently is very good. Clearer and more coherent than certain people doing briefings in the UK (e.g. Boris)

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 24th, 2021), JayToff (October 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    If I have to be imprisoned for a night on arrival I hope it will be in a Pattaya hotel.
    https://www.facebook.com/richardbarr...34606641358938
    For vaccinated people arriving from the 46 countries on the list, you must book a SHA+ hotel for the first night within a two hour drive from the international airport. For example, if you land at Suvarnbhumi, you can go straight to Pattaya, but for Hua Hin, you must stay in Bangkok first for one night.
    I rely mostly on Richard Barrow for information about entry conditions to Thailand.

So far, a flight out of Thailand has not been quoted as a requirement. I like to stay flexible regarding my length of stay in Thailand and my next destination.

No information about prices for one night in hotel and covid test.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    [url]
    So far, a flight out of Thailand has not been quoted as a requirement.
    The problem is that the Airline will not let you fly to Thailand without a confirmed flight out of the country. This doesn't have to be a special requirement. They will just look at your status, visa, country of origin.

A few ways to get around this legally:

*Buy the cheapest air Asia ticket you can find. I've done this in the past and found deals of 15 to 20 Euros.
    *You can also buy a ticket (to anywhere) with an American travel agent such as Expedia and cancel it within 24 hours for a full refund.
    *For some purposes, you can also make a reservation with Turkish Airlines without any upfront payment.

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 25th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    The problem is that the Airline will not let you fly to Thailand without a confirmed flight out of the country. This doesn't have to be a special requirement. They will just look at your status, visa, country of origin.
    I do wonder if they might be slightly more careful in current times, as we might not actually be allowed to take that cheap Air Asia flight to Cambodia (etc) due to covid restrictions.

Of course, IF Christian's Cambodia visa is multi-entry, that is not a problem.

I don't recall anyone ever checking I have a flight out of Thailand.
    I've had it when flying from Cebu to KL, but never to Thailand. Including the following day when I flew from KL to Utapao, with the same airline.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

aot871 read correctly:

Gaybutton is quoting an article from The Nation.
    Sorry ao871...I stand corrected.

Different reporters... different sets of requirements...TIT.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Different reporters... different sets of requirements..
    As for a flight out of Thailand, that used to be a requirement. I don't know if it still is, but upon arrival in Thailand nobody ever checked me. However, the airlines did. The airlines did not let anyone board flights to Thailand unless they had a flight out of Thailand, usually a return ticket.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

No information about prices for one night in hotel and covid test.
    Deals starting to appear for 1 day quarantine in Pattaya. See here ..

https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonb...F0t247QQpsczoY

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Deals starting to appear for 1 day quarantine in Pattaya. See here ..

https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonb...F0t247QQpsczoY

Is any of this really relevant until there is a decision on the opening on bars etc?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"